Thread: Screw Size on Delta Bandsaw Table ??

Screw Size on Delta Bandsaw Table ??

I going to build a fence for my Delta bandsaw and couldn't find the correct bolt size for the tapped holes on the side of the cast iron table. Does anyone know the size? Thanks.

Gilbert,

I know it is obvious but sometime you just gotta start going through your junk bin of machine screws and find something that works. I have a pretty complete kit of taps/dies (a must in any shop, I think) and I also use those to help me figure out things like this. You can also use a pair of calipers to at least measure the hole diameter. Once you have that, go to your local hardware store and see what common thread sizes are associated with that bolt diamter and pick up a few different ones. Odds are good that the bolt size/thread should be SAE (American) or non-metric but if the bolt you find seems to not fit/thread as well as you think it should, it could be that a metric screw and thread is needed.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Gilbert,

I know it is obvious but sometime you just gotta start going through your junk bin of machine screws and find something that works. I have a pretty complete kit of taps/dies (a must in any shop, I think) and I also use those to help me figure out things like this. You can also use a pair of calipers to at least measure the hole diameter. Once you have that, go to your local hardware store and see what common thread sizes are associated with that bolt diamter and pick up a few different ones. Odds are good that the bolt size/thread should be SAE (American) or non-metric but if the bolt you find seems to not fit/thread as well as you think it should, it could be that a metric screw and thread is needed.
    Chris, I have a drawer full of junk bolts and tried everything that looks like it would fit. I know it's about 1/4" but none of the US bolts worked and I even went and got some metric sizes to see if they would fit. My tap and dye set is very limited so that's not a big help. Thanks for the reply.