Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Ultimate" Outfeed Table

Nice functional outfeed setup.
    Aruco, IIRC is a pine plywood that isn't from the Far East.... least what's what I remember. I used some for some shop drawers awhile ago....

Greg

Yep, it's from South America some place. Argentina maybe. Anyway, it looks considerably nicer than standard fir ply. One side is sanded to a very nice / smooth finish and most importantly the stuff my Lowes has had lately is actually FLAT. At least it is flat in the store . I've given up on stocking plywood and just buy what I need when I need it because even the stuff that is reasonably flat when you buy it seems to turn in to a potato chip in a month or two.

Out of all the ply and sheething in Lowes the MDF @ $28, Aruco @ $35 (or a little less for 1/2") and the Maple / Birch @ $47ish are the only choices usable for anything other than nailing down as subfloor every 16" on center. My local lumberyard is actually worse, at least Lowes turns the stock over.

Weekend project?!!? Good grief I am either Mr. Bad time mangement or too many things going on as I don't think I could kick out something like that on a weekend much less 2 weekends. Is all your time your own or are you just a fast worker?

Great looking outfeed table with extra storage to boot.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Quote Originally Posted by whit richardson View Post
    Weekend project?!!? Good grief I am either Mr. Bad time mangement or too many things going on as I don't think I could kick out something like that on a weekend much less 2 weekends. Is all your time your own or are you just a fast worker?
    Well, I did start Friday.

Got back from the material run around 1:00 in the afternoon. Worked on it all afternoon and fairly late. Put about 6 or 8 hours in on Saturday and had the basic table less the masonite layer of the top assembled. Sunday I did the drawers, added the masonite edged it and routed the mitre slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris True View Post
    Well, I did start Friday.

Got back from the material run around 1:00 in the afternoon. Worked on it all afternoon and fairly late. Put about 6 or 8 hours in on Saturday and had the basic table less the masonite layer of the top assembled. Sunday I did the drawers, added the masonite edged it and routed the mitre slots.
    Aha I knew it! You have time to actually work in your shop for hours at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by whit richardson View Post
    Aha I knew it! You have time to actually work in your shop for hours at a time!

I seem to spend most of my time Driving Miz Daisy!
    Leo

8. Ooo nice one, I wish I had room for a hefty outfeed table in my bay shop. I have some good ideas rolling around, hopefully I'll remember them for the day I gain the real estate.
    Cool looking shop too I might add, what kind of booty is in that treasure chest that I spy in the background of the first pic?

Nice, I can't wait for when my outfeed table is installed. I will pick up that issue on tonight's Borg run. First i have to get a level floor though.....the list just doesn't seem to get shorter.

Beautiful! I wish I had that much room behind my Unisaw!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The treasure chest is a toy box in progress for my son, Rockler sells the plan along with an enormous package of brass hardware, latches and handles for it. Dozens and dozens of screws, it's all been on once and is off now for sanding and finishing.

Everytime I see a really nice outfeed table I just think I have to redo the base for mine for some useful storage.

Do you accept collect calls from the doghouse since that is where I will be if I do one more shop project before more furniture?

Nice work.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Table

Sweet looking table Chris.

Bill

I'm still drooling too - what size shop ya got there Chris? Everything looks sweet. Way to tidy for me to think about. lol

It's about 24*30 with one corner cut off @ a 45 degree angle, somewhere around 600 - 650 square feet of actual floor area. I've been working hard on it for about 6 weeks now, put up stud walls, a serious number of electrical outlets, drywall, painted the floor, installed a cyclone etc. Been doing a lot of shop furniture projects in the past 2 or 3 weeks now. I'd like to loose the 8 foot long 2*4 + plywood benches since all they do is collect clutter and replace with cabinets...