Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vector cutting with Vytek FX2 laser

Vector cutting with Vytek FX2 laser

Hello!
    I would like to know if someone working with Vytek laser (fx2) for vector cutting, and if there is anybody, can you please give me some feedback of your experience.
    Sincerely,
    Goger Robert

Hi Robert, I have an FX2 and do vector cutting with it. What would you like to know?

vector cutting

Hi!
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would like to know what software you have to use for vector cutting and how good is the fx2 for that. I am keep asking Vytek, but they do not give me any answer, the person who knows it well is on vacation.
    I was very surprised when I bought my machine (used) that it doesn't vector just engrave. My other laser (universal) and any other laser company
    do that by default.

Robert, Vector cutting is an option on the Vytek laser. They sell the software to go along with it and it is called Laserworx. It is actually a signlab product set up for the Vytek laser. It is very powerful software
    and can import about any type of file from most other programs. You will need to talk to Doreen at Vytek. She really knows this software in and out. Any other questions let me know.

Actually, you can easily vector cut with your Vytek by simply saving your vector file in Corel as a hpgl file. In the Vytek menu on the machine you should see a vector setting to use hpgl files. That's it, you are ready to go. You may want to do it this way over buying their software, because in case you havent heard the punch line yet, it's $2000.00. Yes you read it correctly, t w o t h o u s a n d d o l l a r s !
    Jack

With my machine, I had no luck with saving a corel file as hpgl. I could get parts to cut but never the whole thing.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Jack, Thanks for the info as I was not aware of this. Can you raster and vector with the same file in the hpgl format? James is that what you are talking about raster and vector in the same file?

Nope, just vector. So you will need to run the raster file and then run the matching vector.
    Jack

Just as Jack says.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Thanks guys, That is helpful information. One of the things that they don't tell you.

Unfortunatly there is a lot that Vytek does not tell you.

On my Fx2 it say that the vector cutting is disabled.

Hi Jack you are right, but the only problem is that the vector cutting is disabled most of the Vytek machine and they will give a key to enable it if you buy the software.
    Do you have any goaround? ..or the right key??
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robert goger View Post
    Hi Jack you are right, but the only problem is that the vector cutting is disabled most of the Vytek machine and they will give a key to enable it if you buy the software.
    Do you have any goaround? ..or the right key??
    Robert
    Robert- I was not aware of such practices by Vytek but am not surprised. My machine has no such lock, I just figured it out one day that I could use hplg file and it worked. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I feel this company seems to make good hardware but little bisness since. After two years I am still waiting for a print driver for my model that I was told would be available shortly after I bought my 610. Let's just say I am not holding my breath.
    Jack

vector cutting

Acctualy it is not a lock, but just the numbers for the Key what has to be change. ????