Thread: FYI on bottle stopper kits

Thumbs down FYI on bottle stopper kits

I'm a happy customer and consider myself a friend of Ruth Niles (www.torne-lignum.com) though we've only met once and talked on the phone a few times and chatted through various forums. I haven't seen this information here so I want to cross post that Ruth's stainless bottle stoppers are supposedly being copied by a guy (http://www.dfi-stainless-steel.com/) in Canada and shipped back into the US, which violates Ruth's patent. In a post on another forum, Ruth said the guy actually bought stoppers from her and then used her specs to copy them. Wow...

If you're interested in the stainless stoppers, please call Ruth and leave this other guy with his inventory sitting on a shelf. She's too nice a lady to have what little revenue stream she gets from this endeavor dwindle to someone who is copying her work.

Ruth does have a legitimate Canadian distributor if you're north of the border and don't want to deal with the shipping hassles so there's really no excuse.

Sorry to be a little alarmist but I had seen this on two other forums and wanted to get the word out.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

What a rotten situation. I hope she will be able to do something about this guy. File a law suit or something to get him to stop.

Also, I am glad you posted Ruth's website. It seems to be packed with a lot of great information and products. I am going to bookmark it for later.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

I am also a past and very happy customer's of Ruth's. She has a great product and I also like her mandrel.

Ray

I hope you don't mind but I pasted your announcement on other forums to help spread the word. Thanks for showing it here.
    John T.

Ruth is a fine lady and I got to meet her in Richmond. We had a long talk about turning and just things in general. I have made a bunch of her stoppers and they are great. It is to bad these idiots feel they can do things like what he has done. That is getting pretty low.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.