Thread: It's a Mak'in Chipz !

It's a Mak'in Chipz !

It makes Chips beautiful long stranded PVC Chips.

However, as I was getting ready to surface the base (1.5" PVC) of the table before I put the vac table (1" of Corian) and spoil board on. The DC decide it was time to shed it's impeller.

So thinking I was smart and that I could keep up with a shop vac. I began to surface the table. Well after 2 trips around the table I learned that don't work. So now to wait on UPS.

On the impeller.

Called Onida after e-mailing pics to Jessie up there. And no problem Warranty coverage the new one is in the mail No questions ask other than did I need a housing or where any other parts damaged when it happened.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Angus,

That's a shame about the DC failure but it happens. You new Bot looks great!!!

Sweet shopbot, damn! Stacked extrusions, is that an upgraded z axis to increase height?

It's the 12" Z Axis, because I have this sick fantasy of doing solid wood 3-D Hobby Horse's ....sort of like this:

See Victorian Rocking Horse The product is currently un-avaliable but you can get an idea from the main page here.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    It's the 12" Z Axis, because I have this sick fantasy of doing solid wood 3-D Hobby Horse's ....sort of like this:

See Victorian Rocking Horse The product is currently un-available but you can get an idea from the main page here.
    Gratz on the new machine. i cant wait on pictures of your first project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

excellent!!

jim

While your waiting check out the rocking animals at this site:

www.woodenmemories.com

Those are kool. They're the ones you build right? How do I turn the planz into a dfx file ??? Or can I just buy them that way?

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angus,

Best bet is to take the drawings to a local drafting supply or copy center that has a large format scaner. There is a place in Oyster Point Park I think.

Once scanned they can put them on a disk for you and you can convert them to vectors for CNC routing. I have several of the Wooden Memories plans that I scalled down to make miniatures from. They are small enough to scan on a printer scanner, then convert to vector files. It's on my list of things to do but the list is so long it could be awhile

Hey Angus,
    Nice machine. Hope you get the impeller in quick and start making some of those victorian horses soon. It won't take too many of them to pay for your CNC. Keep us posted and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Well no impeller today maybe tomorrow. Nice redfish there Micheal.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Angus,
    Went out Friday and had a few catch and release Big Uglies aka Black Drum, with the 2 pictured below well over 50 lbs, along with some nice slot Reds and Convicts aka Sheepfish. The Sheepfish get their name because of the obvious striped suit they wear 24/7 but also because they are notorious about stealing your bait.

1st pic- My brother and Trey who works for me with a double hook up.
    2nd pic- Trey holding up his first fish over 50 lbs.
    3rd pic- something at the dock looking for a free meal. My brother turned his head for a second last time and they stole a fish right off the cleaning bench. They are not that afraid of humans but very afraid of dogs.

Hope it (impeller) comes in soon.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Well hell while I'm waiting I might as well come down and do a 'little' fish'in with you.....LOL

Just me and a RockFish from this fall. THats about all thats worth catching around here Unless you know where to go to catch the new limit 20" Flounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kowalczyk View Post
    Thanks Angus,
    Went out Friday and had a few catch and release Big Uglies aka Black Drum, with the 2 pictured below well over 50 lbs, along with some nice slot Reds and Convicts aka Sheepfish. The Sheepfish get their name because of the obvious striped suit they wear 24/7 but also because they are notorious about stealing your bait.

1st pic- My brother and Trey who works for me with a double hook up.
    2nd pic- Trey holding up his first fish over 50 lbs.
    3rd pic- something at the dock looking for a free meal. My brother turned his head for a second last time and they stole a fish right off the cleaning bench. They are not that afraid of humans but very afraid of dogs.

Hope it (impeller) comes in soon.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]