Thread: We Salute the Montgomery County Wood Workers Club

We Salute the Montgomery County Wood Workers Club

Yesterday we received yet another donation of pen blanks from the Montgomery County Wood Workers Club. Bob Nunan from Crawfordsville Indiana contacted me weeks ago concerning his group donating pen blanks and sent the first shipment of which approximately 50% was exotic wood. Bob is a member of the International Wood Collectors Society and the Montgomery County Wood Workers Club.

Including yesterdays shipment we have received probably 2000 pen blanks that include osage orange, cocabola, walnut, curly maple, cedar, ash, and lots of other exotics that I don't even recognize.

We will be distributing the pen blanks by including a few blanks with each Corian order we receive and I will send blanks to Ken Salisbury so he can send them out with orders for bulk buy pen kits.

Don't be surprised when you order Corian or Pen Kits and you receive a few really nice pen blanks as a bonus

Because Bob and his friends have been so generous donating this beautiful wood to the Freedom Pens Project many of you will have the opportunity to make many more...beautiful pens.

Thanks! Bob Nunam and Friends

Exotic Pen Blanks - Pics

Below are a couple of pictures of the pens blanks that Bob Nunan sent to us, and these are just the exotic wood blanks. There are at least four boxes of walnut, cherry, ash, maple, cedar, etc.

About 65% of these blanks are now boxed and ready to ship to Ken Salisbury, Ken will be including exotic pen blanks with each order of pen kits from the bulk buy program next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images