Thread: Huge File Transfers

Huge File Transfers

I've discovered an interesting tool for transferring large files to/from customers, rather than using CD/DVDs or having e-mails fail because of the size. One of my customers sent me one via an ftp site called yousendit. It's free for up to 100MB files, 100 downloads per file, more than that you pay a monthly fee, and it works well.

Their site is yousendit dot com

They have a plugin for Corel X3 and some for other programs, haven't tried that yet.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks Joe! I have used cutesendit dot com in the past and it worked well too.
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Another one is swapdrive dot com

We use it on projects at the office so that consultants can coordinate. Basic service is $20 a month for 10Mb - which would probably be enough for a casual user. The "single user" just means that you have one password for the site - so controlled access for different people is not possible.

There are some others which I've used to send files for my web site but I can't remember the names. I believe they were free.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

MyOtherDrive

I use MyOtherDrive dot com. They give you up to 5GB free. Also a great site for storing backups. You can also share your files with whomever you give permission too. Pretty cool and useful site.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

I use filesanywhere.com. I pay a little for it each month, but it allows me to create dropboxes for my customers. They can then drop files in the dropbox at their leisure.

Seems to work fairly well.

I have also used the one Joe mentioned and had decent luck with that as well for transferring files.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.