Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Doin's?

Weekend Doin's?

Since Bob and lately Dennis have been lax it starting this thread and we don't want Tyler wandering around aimlessly (that could be dangerous!! ), I thought I'd kick this off albeit a bit late....

I should be able to finish up the cyclone install completely this weekend and hopefully get back to my garage gut.

My neighbor's son is an electrician and I hope to hire him as a consultant on my garage rewire but I gotta get my butt over there and talk to him. My working vacation starts 5 pm, July 9!

Whatchoo all got goin' fer the weekend?? Play it safe and sound and don't rush and have a safe one!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

It is supposed to rain here most of the weekend and since part of my woodworking area is my driveway,........

Oh well, I got a couple of new things to work up senarios for, so I guess it will have to do. Maybe Sunday afternoon it will dry out enough to at least use the saw and such a little.

Big suprise

Big suprise a got a couple of boxes to work on. I laminated up a couple of tops and now have to build the boxes around them.

I get to spend a few hours at the Orange, CA Rockler for the Freedom Pens Turn-a-thon. Looks like fun. They are going to have folks from a couple clubs as well as some of the kids from local High Schools. They also said Marines from Camp Pendelton will be there.
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Thank God!!! Oh sorry, thank Chris. I can plan ahead. Already started with some tile work. The end is near! Had the adventure of visiting one of Creeker Steve Wilson's recommended sites. A tool store that specializes in used, domestic and commercial toyls There was a 42" three phase band saw I wanted to bring home, (bright blue green) stood about 9 feet tall, but it just wouldn't fit in the truck. Nothing like the smell of cosmolene (sp) in the morning.

Going to run down to Rockler and try my hand at the dark side FPP TAT.

Going to hang some recycled kitchen cabs in the shop (French cleats of course) laminating some white oak for work station tops in the shop. A little 240VAC for a future gloat . A little playing in the dirt and a wedding on the other side of the state.

Thanks Chris, It's a plan.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

[QUOTE=Chris Padilla]
    My neighbor's son is an electrician and I hope to hire him as a consultant on my garage rewire but I gotta get my butt over there and talk to him.

Thanks Chris! We'll both sleep better.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Yep, I'm gonna go by the book more or less...pull permits, talk to pros, get inspected and hopefully signed off with a big Tyler-ish smile!

Glad you have a plan to keep you out of trouble this weekend...next weekend is a 3-day one!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

This weekend, I have a drill press to assemble and a MM16 to move into the shop. I also have some framing and a door to hang. I also have a bookcase that needs some paint( Ughhh ... don't ask it was the LOML idea).

Shop Vacation starts next Friday and hope to have the shop fully framed and wired by then.

Have a Wonderful Weekend !!
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Probably the normal grass cutting followed by some work on finishing the bubinga platter as well as the walnut buffet. I will also be playing with the new Adria dovetail saw just for grins. I may also do some things around the house that have been hanging on for too long...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

[QUOTE=Chris Padilla]
    Glad you have a plan to keep you out of trouble this weekend...
    Correction: This is 3 day weekend. Next is a 5.
    Now I didn't say I was going to stay out of trouble? That trip to the Wedding is in a Super Stretch Limo/moblie home/party barge. Pro driver. Well stocked bar,galley, and empty working head.
    This is the 5th time around for an old friend and a bunch of us wanted to be in "the right frame of mind" for her nuptuals (sp). She wanted to come with us. But had to do the bridely things...... We wanted her to come with us too!
    PS. These are all singles 1/2 men 1/2 women (all in the emergency medical field . Doc, 4 nurses, bunch of firefighters, paramedics and 1 cop) all looking for adventure.
    It's 8:00. I'm going to head to bed now..... so I'll be well rested.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Blog Entries
    Well, after having waited around for a professional electrician to come and do my rough wiring for the lighting for my anticipated two car attached garage conversion, I have decided to do it myself. Went out over the past day or so and purchased all of the "stuff" to get the job underway and should get a bit of the rough-in done tomorrow before heading out for the weekly Saturday night dirt track big block modified racing. Sunday morning is slated for a five hour drift down the Delaware River for some bass fishing with my bro and my nephew along with our cousins husband. Keeping the fingers crossed that tonights rain doesn't spoil the trip.

Here is a nice bass from two weeks ago.
    Last edited by Fred Voorhees; 06-26-2004 at 12:13 AM.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Since Bob and lately Dennis have been lax it starting this thread and we don't want Tyler wandering around aimlessly (that could be dangerous!! ), I thought I'd kick this off albeit a bit late....
    Whatchoo all got goin' fer the weekend?? Play it safe and sound and don't rush and have a safe one!
    Howdy Chris.....

You gotta remember.....<b>Lasley</b> does the Weekend Doin's and <b>I</b> do the Weekend Accomplishments. I guess since I'm almost a neighbor to my Ol' Buddy Lasley....I should pick up the slack.!!!!

I only have two words for this weekend. Can <b>anyone</b> guess what those two words would be?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Could it be ON Call! Dennis that sucks I always hated when i was on call .
    I will try to do some more pens, and watch the rain fall
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim Ketron; 06-25-2004 at 11:24 PM.

Saturday I'll be doing some yardwork and hopefully a little playing in the shop. Sunday we will be at my daughter's celebrating my granddaughters 1st birthday.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ketron
    Could it be ON Call! Dennis that sucks I always hated when i was on call .
    I will try to do some more pens, and watch the rain fall
    Jim
    Awh Jim......You guessed it.!!!!! Yea, On Call in the IT industry really takes a lot out of a person. Especially when you work from 8AM on Friday until 8AM Monday fairly close to non-stop and that's AFTER you have already worked 42 to 60 hours Monday through Thursday! If my estimates are correct, I manage data backups that will total somewhere around <b>450 Terabytes</b> of data. This will be using several servers (large scale BTW) and somwhere around 325 tape drives that are DLT, SDLT Type I and Type II as well as LTO and Ultra LTO tape and drives. I'm just glad I don't have to work on every server and backup device we have.....over 500 Unix servers (all large scale) and well over 1,000 tape devices. We also manage just under 2 Million backup tapes.

So you can see, I have my work cut out for me. The pager has been quiet so far, but backups will start rolling any time now and that's when the pager starts a talkin' to me.

Glad when Monday at 8AM gets here.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.