Thread: Has anyone seen or used...

Has anyone seen or used...

The new nail guns that are magnesium and lightweight? What's the word on these? I saw one from Bostich. I noticed that the mail 1/4 air nipple screws into a plastic female threaded opening on the gun. Sometimes I take off the air nipple and use it on other tools, and I thought that this female opening on the gun could get worn down with constant removal and replacement (I probably wouldn't do it that often but it concerned me). It looked sturdy enough, but who knows--it could possibly crack, no?
    Member - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children '82-'85.
    Once, Now Former, But Always!

"Among individuals, as among nations, the respect for the other's rights brings peace."
    Benito Juarez

Can't comment on the new air tools, but the male air connectors are very inexpensive. And reinstalling the teflon tape each time you move them is a pain! (at least for me...) It's probably best to dedicate the connectors to each tool to avoid leakage.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Can't comment on the new air tools, but the male air connectors are very inexpensive. And reinstalling the teflon tape each time you move them is a pain! (at least for me...) It's probably best to dedicate the connectors to each tool to avoid leakage.
    I do dedicate the male air connectors as you suggest Jim, It's just that one time I went to my brother in laws place and he has different types of connectors than mine, and I had to change mine just that day. No, I wouldn't like to change them often. You're right, it is a pain. And all of mine are dedicated to their respective tools. It was just this particular incident that made me wonder about the new tools out there that come with the plastic female end and their durability.
    Member - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children '82-'85.
    Once, Now Former, But Always!

"Among individuals, as among nations, the respect for the other's rights brings peace."
    Benito Juarez