Thread: Another Print Merge Problem

Another Print Merge Problem

I can't seem to flip the text in the paragraph box for test merge.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

I think you need to tell us more. Why do you need to flip the test for a merge? Are you bringing the text from file and is it in Rich text format?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

I need to flip it to engrave on the back of clear acrylic.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Brian

I don't use print merge but I would guess that you have to flip the source document and the highlighted sample.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

It's strange, it allows me to mirror but not flip.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Corel X4

Brian,

I see that you're using v12......In my X4 bible, one of the sections is titled "What's New in CorelDraw X4?" and it says that mirroring paragraph text (both vertically and horizontally) is new.........maybe that's the issue.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Works for me in V13 too.
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

Brian, are you trying to flip paragraph text? If so, that's your problem. It needs to be Artistic Text in your version (and X3). Either that, or I have misunderstood your issue, but Paragraph text is a nasty thing when it comes to manipulating. Sounds like that might be fixed in X4.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I can mirror Paragraph print merge text horizontally and vertically in X3. If you'd like to send the file to my I can give it a whirl.
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

Bill did you use actual Paragraph Text or did you use Artistic Text and type in a paragraph?

In my X3, if I use Paragraph Text, type in a couple of lines, then hit the mirror horizontally button, it does nothing but rotate the text box 180 degrees. If I hit mirror vertically, it does nothing at all.

However, if you use Artistic Text and type in a few lines, that has always worked properly.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Oops, you're right Scott only artistic text.
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON

Hi
    Well it worked for me in x3 but you have to select all and then arrange, transform, position, mirror and then flip. That is the way I did it and think it should work in v12 not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Uebner
    Trotec Speedy 300 45w, Xenetch 1313, Signature 8080 Plus, Baby Lock EM6

I attached a "whoops" photo of a trophy I did a while back. I have version 12 and grouped the text with my clip art. I then did the reasonable thing and clicked on the mirror icon so that I could print on the back side of the trophy. I could see that the clip art mirrored correctly, but didn't look at the text. I learned two things from the mistake.

1. (Most Important)-look closely at everything before I commit to a burn-I didn't and I ruined a trophy. I keep it in on a shelf right in front of me to remind me to "measure twice, measure again, then cut".

2. After getting the text exactly the right size and placement, I converted it to curves. I could then manipulate the text like an object. The second trophy was just right.

(Select the text, Arrange>Convert to Curves.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Eide
    Versalaser 300 30 watt; Corel Draw X4; PhotoGrav 3

I just started the project and I'm doing it the old fashioned way. Doesn't take that long to retype everything. Thanks for all the help.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290