Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any One Here A Musician?

It's been quite a while since anything has been out of the case, but I guess I still consider myself a musician. Played guitar since about 8 years old, 3 out of 4 years of a music major degree studying jazz/classical, and professionally in bands for about 10 years when I was in my 20's and early 30's - mostly on the dismally boring Top 40 circuit where you're basically just a clone of the record with moving parts. Also play a little bit of bass, keyboards, harmonica and have dabbled with saxaphone, clarinet, and mandolin. I tried violin very briefly but I like cats, and I was just scarin the poor things. If I can ever wade through my project To-Do list, I've been wanting to build one of the Siminoff H5 Mandola kits and maybe an acoustic guitar or 2. I'd really like to pick up a nice archtop or maybe a semi-hollow and start playing more again. Used to have an Ibenez 335-type (same one John Scofield plays) but in one of my stupider moves I traded it for a bass. All I've got at the moment are a classical, a Yamaha thinbody acoustic/elec, a Steinberger, Hughes & Kettner amp, a Mando, Kawai & Oberheim synths, drum machine, and a funky 4-track cassette recorder (talk about yer obsolete technology).
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Edwards View Post
    Dave..what model is that Gibby w/ Bigsby? looks sweet...
    I sold 2 Les Pauls to buy WW machines...was worth it, but I'm not selling any more guitars(got several more Gibsons). they are fetching a LOT more than what I paid for 'em, so they'll be passed down to the Grandson. same for the other gear. the 4x12 Engls are bringing over 1500( I paid 6 for it)...
    gald to see other axeplayers here @ the Creek!!!

The guitar in the chair is a 1992 country gentleman, I also have a 1924 L5 and a 1910 flattop. mine are not for sell either ( unless I get real hungry ) LOL
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by John Ricci View Post
    I've been accused of making my fair share of noise in my time...made my living at music in the 70s but I don't get to play nearly enough these days. Here are some of the current toys

Missing from the pic are a 78 BC Rich Seagull and a few of my amps (73 Marshall full stack, another small Fender and some oddballs from the 60s)

J.R.
    that Custom looks like a modded Framton model... or a Frehley( but I though they were sunbursts)..
    the Boogie is cool, had a F-100 that was waaaaaay too loud, however, I doubt that it would compare to the 73 Marshall... what type is it ? (I'm bettin' 100 watter )...
    Give an honest days work for an honest days pay