Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any One Here A Musician?

Cool Any One Here A Musician?

I'am I play the electric guitar and bass, Irish Pennywhistle, and not so good at the Piano and Irish Flute. I would like to play the chinese violin called the Erhu what a neat instrument, very exotic.

Here is a link to my music, I play mostly punkrock just give it a listen The Songs were recorded using Guitar Pro 5 and a few were recorded of me actully playing the guitar, the ones recorded with Guitar Pro 5 Sound much better.

There just clips/demos cause there is no lyrics yet
    You could call it Punk Rock Instrumental

http://www.esnips.com/user/trenthausman

Post your music too

I play guitar. Blues mostly. I have 4 axes at the moment - Two strats, a strat copy and a fender accoustic.

I don't have the chops to record anything really - it's about as close to a hobby as I get. Woodworking's the obsession, playing guitar is just a pastime for me.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

I got an Gibson Sg Faded Red Guitar yeah I know its not the real thing. My brother has a S.U.B. Musicman Bass.I would like an Acoustic Guitar. Music is my Obssesion, I'm not much of a woodworker I more like designing the piece. I only can build simple things. I like to build Irish Flutes. So thats my hobby.

Rhythm guitar here but primarily a bass guitar player. Been playing bass for about 35 years now. Still play every week.

Breedlove Accoustic/Electric 5-String bass
    Fender Jazz American Made 4-String bass
    Used to own a Ovation Custom Legend 12-string guitar as well as a Gibson Les Paul electric with various amps.

Country, bluegrass, mellow rock, comtemporary christian, jazz, and blues.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I play a little when I dont beat my hands up wood working....also make one now and then....... this is a few of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

David,

Well You Got Alot more Guitars than me. I got one decent one and a real cheap Ibanez. I'm A Lefty Guitarist.

Simple Rhythm guitarist here. I play in our praise band at church, but I won't play out any where else...go figure.
    David, I'd like to hear more about the builds. I am getting the urge to build an electric guitar now and someday would like to do an acoustic.
    Interesting (to me at least) thread
    Hal

I'd like to build an electric bass guitar - 5-string.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I think I have some pictures at home of some builds in progress... will try to find and post tonight
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Keyboards plus a little guitar and bass...but not anything meaningful in many, many years. No time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I sing extremely well...in the shower. Does that count?

Oh, I know. I played trumpet for half of 6th grade.

Ima listener, I guess....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Keyboard, guitar and banjo. None of them very well. Bought a Martin DX-1 about 6 months ago. Since then found the Dave Herberts videos and have actually started to make progress.

Trouble is, an hour of practicing is that could have been spent in the shop, and vice versa. Either way, it makes it harder to focus.

Used to play a little basic rhythm guitar in a trio praise team in Jr. College through the BSU. Nothing special for instruments. Cheap 6 string that one of my nieces has at college now, and a Conn 12 string that is a sweet little guitar for the money. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I've been playing guitar for over 22 years, this has been the first year since the beginning that I haven't been in a band. I've played in many types of bands, even professionally for a few years... blues, funk, jam, oldies, indie, alternative, classic rock, but mostly different types of metal (hardcore, melodic, progressive, thrash, hair... I won't explain the differences if you don't already know ).

I gave up and sold most of everything last year, with the exception of 2 guitars and a combo amp that I have sentimental attachments to. Around here it's more of a party scene than a music scene, and I'm getting too old for that nonsense, so I dropped out. Probably get a country band going when I'm ready to play again though.

15. I sort of play the guitar:
    Martin OMV leftie custom rosewood
    My own 12 String dreadnought I modeled after a Martin 12 which I had in my shop for repairs.
    Used to be a drummer many years ago.
    Many many many years ago.
    Gawd I'm old.