Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Corel Tips

Dana

I can view either the Win font folder or my own font folder (example) on Win 7 pro. On Win XP Pro it does not show the actual font but only the name.

In version X3 the fonts are all shown in the clip art book that comes with the program. Have you checked your version 12 book?

I have versions 8, 11, X3 and X5. V8 and X3 have the fonts shown in the clipart book.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-31-2014 at 1:24 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Unfortunately, I purchased the computer with the program on it, so I don't have any of the installation disks, and it doesn't seem to be in the program files, I will keep searching though.
    I have been using this for 3 years, and have always wanted to print these out, but just never got around to it. Now, maybe the story is, I could never figure out how to. Maybe I should just start trying random keyboard shortcut combinations
    Epilog mini 24 30W
    Epilog mini 24 60W
    Epilog Legend 36 EXT 120W

Dana

Most engravers select a handful of fonts that engrave well and that cover the basic variety of styles. They try to limit themselves to just those fonts for several reasons, not the least of which is how long it takes some customers to make up their mind when offered a broad selection. They then want to see how their job would look with two or three different fonts.

If you decide to offer everything you will pay the price but at least do yourself the favor of embedding them in your customers Corel file.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-31-2014 at 5:39 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,
    I certainly have experienced this, and considered limiting what is offered. More is not always better.
    Epilog mini 24 30W
    Epilog mini 24 60W
    Epilog Legend 36 EXT 120W

Blog Entries
    Dana,

You may wish to grab this utility:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/windows_fonts_viewer.html

Its free, spyware free, adware free. Yea, really free.

It won't directly print but it generates an HTML document of either all or the selected fonts and sends it to your browser (IE, FireFox etc) and from there you can save, edit, or print it.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

Blog Entries
    An early post in this thread indicated you can do math in many boxes such as the width of a rectangle...
    3.125 + 3/16 Will yield 3.3125 as the width.

At least in X7, you can also do unit conversions as well!

Put 3mm in the box and it will convert it to inches (assuming you are working in inches).

It also works for the math by specifying the unit for any figure:
    4.125" + 3mm
    2.032mm + 1/8"

Simply supply either an inch mark (") or mm to indicate the unit of measure for that figure.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age

To quickly get rotated objects back to horizontal or vertical or any degree of orientation just select the object you want to rotate, go to the box in the tool bar at top of page that has the rotate arrow and degree icon and type in what degree you want the object rotated to .
    90° for example is vertical 180° is horizontal.rotated objects.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Utter newbie needs help with engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I am starting this thread for the purpose of providing tips on the use of Corel Draw. Everybody who has ways of using CD and wants to share them please contribute without waiting for prompts.
    Hi.
    I have a shenhui engraver, and I want to engrave bricks.
    The problem I have, is when I save a file, it only saves and engraves the outline, not the solid letter.
    Using Rockwell bold, I just get an outline, and I want to engrave a solid.
    Same with the logo.
    I look at the print preview, and it is justan outline.
    I have tried some walkthroughs, but as I have coraldraw12, most of the tutorials are for later versions.
    I have around 8000 bricks to do, so anyone who can show me how to make the letters solid will have a small shrine erected, and several virgins sacrificed.
    Rick, Brisbane Australia.

Welcome to the forum! Now, have you done a brick already? It takes a special type of brick and a lot of power. If you haven't please take time to try it.

First off, in Corel go to the header bar, got to view and make sure that the dropdown has enhanced selected. If not select it.

Next if it still isn't black, click on the type, then go to the color bar selection on the right side and left click on the black square (right click will color the outline)

If you don't have a color bar, then go to the header, select window, on the dropdown select object properties, with that docker open, select the paint can at
    the top left of the docker. This will open the color selector and you can chose from that.

I wish you the best with bricks, they are tough to do, there are specialty companies in the US that do them and it's really hard to compete price wise. Plus they hold
    a patent on the process....

God Luck!

Keep us posted!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

No problem with the power of laser, engraves a line just fine.
    I just cannot seem to save the file as a solid letter, only as a hairline.
    I have looked at several tutorials on the net.
    Thank you for your hints, but I couldn't make them work.
    If I could force the laser to look like a printer, I may be able to do something.
    Coralx7 will not find the laser, I can only see it under coral12.
    does anyone else have the same laser?

Rick

I believe Martin has given you the right info. But let's try again. Select the text, left click on black in the color palette. That should fill the text with color.

If it doesn't, send us a screen capture or a CD file and somebody here will help you.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,

I may be wrong but from earlier postings using Chinese lasers and associated software if artwork was created in Corel and exported as DXF fills are lost.
    There is some settings in the software that sends file to laser that fills need to be properly set.
    Someone with more knowledge can expand on this.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

I rang around and found a graphic artist with some experience and paid him $100 and a cup of really good coffee, to do some template files, and now it works.
    (looks like he laid a crosshatching as a base, and then edits everything that is not needed.
    Not as it is supposed to, but I can do what I need.
    I takes about 18mins to do a great job, or about 6 mins to do an acceptable job. fiddling with the settings and speed will improve this.
    I am selling one of my kids, and getting a $20,000 machine that works much better, for the future works.
    This one is locally supplied and supported.
    Lucky I already have a contract for 8000 bricks.
    I actually think the machine is not bad, it is the software that sucks. It is solid as a tank, easy to service and play with, and Shenhui really tried hard to help me, although their version of English
    is vastly different to mine.
    I am buying a spare tube, and it should land here for less than $200usd.

Rick, you may want to check out the "Stickies" at the top of the Engraving Forum threads. There is and area there just for Shenhui / Laserworks guys.

You may find more help there!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Need Some Help

I am working in Corel Draw 6X

I have one side of my object that is connected together. I want it so If I make the blue line longer that the side lines will also. You can see my original shape on the Right and when i make the blue line longer in the left picture it automatically adjust the bottom line. How do I connect the blue and the top line the same way that bottom line is connected? I have no idea how I did this on the bottom it just does it.

Corel Help 2.JPGCorel Help 1.JPGCorel Help.cdrCorel Help 2.JPGCorel Help 1.JPGCorel Help.cdrCorel Help 2.JPGCorel Help 1.JPGCorel Help.cdr
    ~ universal vls6.60 32"x18" table with 60watt laser. Accessories = rotary fixture, honeycomb cutting table, & air assist. Using Corel draw x6.

~ ShopSabre PRO408 CNC Router. Vacuum hold down. and 4th axes rotary. Using Aspire

~ Fully Stocked Cabinet/Wood Shop

Machines are used in an educational setting. Thanks from Mike in South Dakota