Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Corel Tips

If nothing else, you can break the curve apart where you want the start node to be. If you need the curve to actually be closed, you can rejoin the broken nodes by grabbing one, moving it away slightly, then moving back until they snap together. That will be the new start node. You can also reverse curve direction if desired to control direction the beam travels around the path.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Is there a way to change the start node in CorelDraw? Every so often, I have the need to dictate exactly where something starts but I've not found the method to move the start node yet. I know you can reorder the actual objects, but I'm talking about the start node itself.
    Select the Shape Tool (F10), select the object, click on the node you want to be the starting point, right click and choose "break apart" from the menu, then right click and "close curve". That will move the starting point/ending point of a closed curve.

Edit: Doh! Glen beat me to it while I was testing. When you break apart the curve, you shouldn't need to move anything as the broken ends are overlapping already. Just close the curve at that point.
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.

Some good stuff here! I'm using Corel for my laser engraving and vectorizing bitmaps etc...When I think of something that hasn't been mentioned yet I'll definitely jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Very good link. I haven't seen anybody as good as Alex.
    I wish I could understand him better.

Which Corel Draw program should I buy for creating laser projects?

Keith

I would buy CorelDraw Suite 6. It's the latest greatest version and has some neat things over version X5. I use X5 and am not ready to upgrade yet but I started with version 8 then 11 then X3 and now X5. I really upgraded to X5 to be able to open more files.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Frank View Post
    Which Corel Draw program should I buy for creating laser projects?

Don't pay full price... Corel seems to have deals going all the time. Subsribe to their newsletter for a few months so you know when they have the sales.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Outstanding! It looks like they are very proud of it at just under $500. THanks Martin. Will look and Subscribe.

I use templates with lots of the same graphics on them to engrave, some the the graphics have LOTS of nodes, I have seen some of the freeware vector art with "SVG Attributes" and it seems to group the graphic so the nodes are not visible when the graphic is selected, it seems to always be called "layer1" as the graphic when this is done, my question is........how do I do this to a graphic in coreldraw x5 ?

Thanks

Hi Keith, You can use any CorelDraw the newest version is X6 or 16. There is not a big difference between X5 and X6 but Corel 12 to 16 there is a lot that is different. X6 would be my suggestion for creating vectors and modifying bitmaps for photo engraving. e-mail me for vector graphics if you need some.

I really do not like having the original file along with all the back up files that CD makes. There is a way under the options to turn off "create a back up" I think it was under the save option.
    ~ universal vls6.60 32"x18" table with 60watt laser. Accessories = rotary fixture, honeycomb cutting table, & air assist. Using Corel draw x6.

~ ShopSabre PRO408 CNC Router. Vacuum hold down. and 4th axes rotary. Using Aspire

~ Fully Stocked Cabinet/Wood Shop

Machines are used in an educational setting. Thanks from Mike in South Dakota

How to make stencil fonts. This from today's Graphics Unleashed newsletter: http://graphics-unleashed.unleash.co...-text-via.html
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here's another helpful Item from Jeff Harrison.
    http://jeff-harrison.unleash.com/201...sfeatures.html
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hello
    I am newish to Corel Draw (I have Corel Draw 12) and am using it with Laser Cut 5.3. I have been having trouble how to engrave a two color logo so that one of the colors is not acted/lasered on. It was sent to me as a PNG file that I imported to Corel, saved as an .ai file and imported into Laser Cut 5.3 where I saved it as an .ecp.
    TransparentLogo (1).png
    I am wanting to engrave just the black part. When I downloaded this and ran it on my laser it engraved the whole circle evenly/solid. Anyone have a simple explanation of what I need to do or a resource that I can use to figure it out?

Thanks
    Dan

if they are 2 colors in 5.3 you can just turn that layer off if it's in vector.
    Try changing it to a black & white .jpeg and importing it.Graphic1.jpg
    Last edited by Brian Robison; 11-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290