Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another way to flatten plywood?

For small pieces that I didn't want to replace, I put the plywood concave side down on my unsealed concrete garage floor and then parked my truck on it for a few days. It usually works but you do have to make sure the floor and the tire are clean or you get dent in the face where there was gravel stuck in the tire. The concrete is naturally moist enough to expand the concave side and the truck provides a nice amount of clamping force.

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Where do you guys manage to find plywood that doesn't have some warp? Every sheet I've bought in the past year or two had had some, US or Import, Borg or specialty supplier, thick or thin (but especially thin). Even the baltic birch has had it.
    I buy my plywood at Houston Hardwoods and I never have a problem. I have always been lucky in that where ever I lived, there were always at least one really high quality harwoods dealer within an hour or so away. Quality lumber cost more but you could use every single square inch of it.
    When I first started into woodworking almost 25 years ago I learned how quickly you can go broke saving money.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

Ditto to tony, buy from a well run place and you shouldn't have any issues. Most places that sell warped plywood either stack it vertically (a major nono if you want it flat), store it with uneven pallet sticks or have bad conditions in which the plywood was transported made and stored.