Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spalted sugar maple marking knife

1. Thumbs up Beautiful

I bet your friend is going to enjoy showing it off as much as using it. I can hardly wait to see the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Christopher View Post
    Where'd you get the blade material ? Anything special about it ?
    Keith, I used an old jigsaw blade that was a little dull. It is already hardened so it is great for this purpose. I tried to cut it with a hack saw and all it did was ruin the blade, so I think it is plenty hard. I can get at least 2 blades out of one jigsaw blade. The come in different widths also this one ended up after I ground off the teeth 5/16" wide. I also use sawsall blades to make carving knives. I figure why buy the oil hardening tool steel and go through all the hardening process for a small blade.

Try it out,
    Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by John Borgwardt View Post
    I bet your friend is going to enjoy showing it off as much as using it. I can hardly wait to see the next generation.
    This guy here is going to be the recipient of the knife!! Thanks John and hope to see you tomorrow!

Don't work to hard tonight!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown