Thread: Wood Burning Source

Wood Burning Source

I'm thinking about using a wood burner to sign my bowls. There was an outfit at this past years AAW turners symposium in Richmond Va.that had a burner that I was quite impressed with but I can't remember who it was. As I remember is was a lady displaying the product and she was set up on the left side of the room across from the Laguna display, I think. Does anybody that was there know who it was?
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

I bought mine direct from Colwood in NJ.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, I'll take a look.
    Anybody else remember who it was?
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

I'm sorry, but I wasn't there, either. But I wanted to let you know that you can make an absolutely awesome woodburner out of an older model 12 V Battery Charger, a Ceiling Fan control switch (rheostat switch), and a piece of nichrome wire.
    If you're interested, email me. amneighborsATsbcglobal.net.
    Al
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

I don't know about the vendor at the show, but I know of this source for Colwood and Razortip pyrography tools:
    http://www.nedraspyrography.com/Wood...ccessories.htm

my 2 cents- when I was making my own clothes (mainly blue jeans, and work jackets) I would use a pencil type solder iron to sign my name on a chunk of leather, then stitch it on somewhere - (kinda like the "real" blue jeans do) works on wood too

Anybody else remember the "woodburner" craze ? that and "paint by numbers" - I have a customer who has almost 100 of the paint by numbers lining her staircase- kind neat
    Elvis isn't dead, he just went home Yes, I am a joker - Take it with a grain of salt