Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T8's vs T12's

You can buy ballasts at the Borgs. I really like the Daylight bulbs. Lots of Bright white light. I'm not 100% sure but I think most of the new electronic ballasts are rated for T12 and T8. Anybody dissatified with their lighting should try a set of the daylight bulbs. Look for the kelvin rating. go for 5500 or higher.
    If it ain't broke...fix it anyways...that's why you told your wife you needed all those tools.

My gramps' fav.....If you don't stop, you won't be stuck.

Oh......and most importantly........I am 362 miles mostly south and a little east of Steve Schlumpf.
    Support the Creek
    for only .0164 cents / day

Quote Originally Posted by John Fricke View Post
    You can buy ballasts at the Borgs. I really like the Daylight bulbs. Lots of Bright white light. I'm not 100% sure but I think most of the new electronic ballasts are rated for T12 and T8. Anybody dissatified with their lighting should try a set of the daylight bulbs. Look for the kelvin rating. go for 5500 or higher.

A ballast will not work w/ T8 and T12 lamps they are designed for one or the other but not both, mixing them up will result in short lamp life or ballast damage.

Some of the newer fixtures in my home shop say that they can use either T-8 or T-12. Right now, I using T-12 bulbs in them. I never tried T-8 bulbs in them, but I assume the end caps are designed as to accept both pin widths.

-Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

I too have fixtures in which the ballast claims to be rated for both T-8 and T-12. Bought from Lowe's

The most significant item I've noticed when comparing T8s to T12s is noise. The T8s do not buzz...at all....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.