Thread: ??Harbor Freight Coupon

??Harbor Freight Coupon

I'm looking at buying the HF Circular Saw Blade Sharpener http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96687. Does anyone have any experience with the sharpener? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Vega View Post
    I'm looking at buying the HF Circular Saw Blade Sharpener http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96687. Does anyone have any experience with the sharpener? Thanks.

I would assume that it's one of those products that will most likely work until the motor burns out. It's harbor freight, go figure.

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.

Dont expect precision

Quote Originally Posted by David Weiser View Post
    I would assume that it's one of those products that will most likely work until the motor burns out. It's harbor freight, go figure.
    Or repeatability, or reliablility. It's Harbor Freight, go figure
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

No experience with that unit, but I would think that for blade sharpening, you'd need something that's pretty precise. "Harbor Freight" and "precise" are usually not used in the same sentence. I have some HF stuff in my shop, but none of it is intended to be accurate.

Gilbert;

Looks interesting. I guess I'd want to know what grade the abrasive wheels are before trying it. I wouldn't think you'd want anything courser than a 600 grit for the final grind on you blades.

Gary

I won't comment on the sharpener, as I haven't looked at the link. Your post title asked a question about a coupon. I saw this on the BT3 bargain forum the other day. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...9&keycode=0000
    20% off coupon. Just in case you decide to try the shapener out. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thanks for the responses. I'm still debating on whether to buy it or not.

Jim O'dell, I could not get the link to open. Can you Pm me the discount code? Thanks.

Hi Gilbert:

Most sharpening centers use laser guided sharpening equipment. I have two sets of all the blades I use in the shop. When they get dull, I send them out for sharpening and when they are returned, they are in most cases in better shape then when I purchased them.
    Personally I would rather spend my time woodworking rather then sharpening or attempting to sharpen saw blades. For the work that they do, most sharpening centers are very reasonable. I never purchase cutting tools from HF. I have purchased there F camps and pipe clamps which have preformed very well for me.
    Last edited by Don Selke; 01-31-2009 at 7:00 PM.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I won't comment on the sharpener, as I haven't looked at the link. Your post title asked a question about a coupon. I saw this on the BT3 bargain forum the other day. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...9&keycode=0000
    20% off coupon. Just in case you decide to try the shapener out. Jim.
    I wonder which of the "3 DAYS ONLY!" between "JAN. 30 THRU FEB. 2" that coupon is good for?

Someone in another woodworking forum did a quick review of it and the opinion was... it's a piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Vega View Post
    You would be far better off if youy just send me the money, and I won't sharpen your blades well either.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.