Thread: locline for targeted dust collection

locline for targeted dust collection

Anybody use this stuff for precise positioning in a dust collection system:
    http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=1911

I realize you aren't going to draw 900 CFM through this thing, but it might work in combination with some other flex hoses off a 6" line. I was thinking you might be able to use two of them to get directly behind the blade on a slide compound miter saw and really help that out.

I've never tried it.
    But I have tried to control my SCMS and can say that when I got it kind of good at MDF dust, it all went out the window with hardwood (Oak).
    The fly from the saw makes it darn near impossible.
    And then you change the blade angle....
    I even had a half of a plastic 55 gallon drum behind mine with the downdraft table drawing on it. Better but....
    So I use my downdraft behind, 2 1/2" on the shroud port to the DC system, and finally the shop vac to get the stuff that just fly's away.
    I think the shop vac after the fact actually collects the most. Dang it!

One place that line lock will accell is on your drill press though. You can focus it where the poop happens.

I don't have it, but have seen it in use. It's a great solution for the DP and some other things where you need a port up close and personal. Obviously, it's going to perform better with a shop vac due to the small diameter, but it will still work with a larger DC system.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...