Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your best projects or anything you'd like to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Parcells View Post
    Page 2 must have at least 10 letters........
    I second that WOOOW, Harry that is stunning work.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Duane I'm sure there are a few others who are curious to know where you got your patterns from, I haven't seen any of those posted before.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

steve,

the lasering only takes 3 minutes. everything else is hand made. and we are a manufacturing company located in the philippines. the 10,000 pieces was completed in ... 21 working days. customers are happy.

Ben, that is some amazing work there. Are the windmills all individual pieces that are glued/assembled together?

To answer your question Kyle

The full tower is barely 2 inch high (ZScale 1:220), so it has 4 siding with the details truss cut inside of them, wheel and tail are also separate pieces, I've use maple veneer that is 0.024" thick to create the whole windmill.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Duane I'm sure there are a few others who are curious to know where you got your patterns from, I haven't seen any of those posted before.
    They are at this site.
    http://www.finescrollsaw.com/order.htm

Thanks Mike. Never seen those. Brilliant

You're welcome. While I admire the amount of work involved in designing, cutting and building these patterns, I must admit they do not suit my taste in decor.

I agree, but the ingenuity of the designs is amazing. I loved the box with the combination dials on it. Also some of the boxes. I liked those.

Scaled

Here is something on the other end of the scale
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tom "BUZZ"
    LaserBuzz

Holy flirking schnitt! That's really on the BIG scale. How long did that one take you Tom?

Mercedes

That picture is the proto-type since then I've added embellishments. The design phase was lengthy, but the cut & build just took a day. I am taking the car to the ARA vegas show, I hope I will be able to set it up? Note: There are no nails or screws holding it together.

I will be making a larger scale Humvee next. The Humvee will have 4 doors. The wheels turn so you can push it out of the way to mow the lawn. Trying to create a unique grandchildren play ground.
    Last edited by Tom Buzz Bernard; 02-13-2009 at 4:21 PM. Reason: adding

Tom "BUZZ"
    LaserBuzz

Here is something on the other end of the scale
    Attached Thumbnails

Now THATS a Woody..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Nice windmills! I LOVE the 3-D effect! How did you do it?

I've been trying to make some fences for 28mm wargames figures (Close to O scale in your world) and they come out looking very 'stiff' compared to your windmill.

see: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9N7LA-10pY...arnage+005.JPG

Also the building looks interesting, I assume that's one of yours too? I'd love to see more.
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"

Allan, You can mostly see all of my work with my laser, on my Flickr folder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83479612@N00/

Ben
    Last edited by Ben Levesque; 02-16-2009 at 3:56 PM.