Thread: Round Picnic Table plans?

Round Picnic Table plans?

Hello,
    Does anyone know where to find plans for a round(or octagon) picnic table like the one pictured? I've seen a few plans around the web, but nothing like this one. I specifically like the angled bench supports on this table.

If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated!!! My wife would appreciate it even more

Last edited by Chris Allen; 02-04-2009 at 9:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
    Hello,
    Does anyone know where to find plans for a round(or octagon) picnic table like the one pictured? I've seen a few plans around the web, but nothing like this one. I specifically like the angled bench supports on this table.

If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated!!! My wife would appreciate it even more

Chris,
    There is no pic.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Torres View Post
    Chris,
    There is no pic.
    Hi Dewey. I've checked, rechecked, and checked again. Unless I'm crazy, there is a picture I see it in my original post, and in your quoted post.

Well,
    In that case I will put it out to the crowd.

Please post if you can see the pic.

Maybe something is wrong here.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I can see a picture. Of a small red X.

Norm had either a round or octagon pictic table. There should be plans on the NYWS site.
    Use the fence Luke

Okay, sorry guys. It was a hotlinking issue with google. Hopefully you can see it now. If not, I really am crazy!

Ed,
    I checked the NYWS site and didn't find anything for a round/octagon table. Thanks though
    Last edited by Chris Allen; 02-04-2009 at 9:23 PM.

^Bump

Anyone?

Chris, I don't know if there are any ready made plans for this type of picnic table, so I took a stab at drawing one up for you based on what I was able to see in your picture. The table top is 60" round and of "standard" height. I did the drawing in SketchUp and attached it here in Zip form for you. (if you don't have a copy of SketchUp you can download & install one from Google) I also added a couple renderings for you as well.

If anyone else has any additional thoughts or corrections to the table, let me know and I will adjust the drawing.

Good luck, Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Fritz View Post
    Chris, I don't know if there are any ready made plans for this type of picnic table, so I took a stab at drawing one up for you based on what I was able to see in your picture. The table top is 60" round and of "standard" height. I did the drawing in SketchUp and attached it here in Zip form for you. (if you don't have a copy of SketchUp you can download & install one from Google) I also added a couple renderings for you as well.

If anyone else has any additional thoughts or corrections to the table, let me know and I will adjust the drawing.

Good luck, Ron

This is some mighty fine work in sketchup! How long did it take you to do that?

Ron,
    Thanks a lot! That looks like it took some time to do. I don't really know anything about SketchUp. I downloaded it though, and will play around with it. I'm assuming there is a way to get the dimensions for each piece? Anyways, thanks again.

Chris

Picnic Table

Chris, The latest "The Winfield Collection catalog" has an octagonal table plan listed, page 30 #yf8. Their web site is www.winfieldcollection.com . Looking at their plan it should be no trouble to round it out to the one in your picture. I've used their plans before and have been well satisfied. Happy woodworking, Craig

Here is an updated copy of the SketchUp model with some minor alterations. (I improved the under seat braces.) The SketchUp model was created by making each piece or part a "component" so that all the parts can be separated, moved apart, reviewed and measured. Chris, there are several good video tutorials to help get you started using SketchUp. Just do a search for them. I made the SketchUp drawing one evening in about 2 to 3 hours. Most of the time was thinking how I would construct it and what cuts would need to be made.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files