Thread: Rubber Stamp Question

Rubber Stamp Question

I've read in the archives about the odor and dust problems that can be expected when lasering rubber stamps. My question is do those warnings apply if I would only be doing one occasionally (maybe one a day) on my Epilog 18? By the way, I do this in my home and vent it outside in the neighborhood.
    Thanks

I don't think it will affect you. There are many here who use this as a booster to their incomes, but with the dust extraction systems any intake is minimal and it will be odour not dust intake. I do quite a few in my cabin and I vent it outside. Been doing it for nearly 3 years and all my plants are still alive and ME!!!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kline View Post
    I've read in the archives about the odor and dust problems that can be expected when lasering rubber stamps.
    You can get some odorless stuff from Millenium Marking. They will send samples. Ask for the odorless and low-odor polymer. I tried both and neither smell according to this old shnoz's shnoz but i do have a pretty fierce extraction system.

millmarking.com
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

We do the occasional rubber stamp also. The smell can be sluffed off to one of the neighborhood kids down the road burning the tires of his mom and dads car. (that happens alot around here) Rally if you exhaust it outside it really is not very strong.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Make sure all of your odours go outside. Some of that rubber smells like a wandering skunk.. Do the first one, and check your wifes reaction.. You may not be able to do another
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Make sure all of your odours go outside. Some of that rubber smells like a wandering skunk.. Do the first one, and check your wifes reaction.. You may not be able to do another
    That made me laugh. I had a mental picture of Pepe Le'Peu walking by the window swishing his tail.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender