Thread: small maple HF

small maple HF

I had a small piece of ambrosia maple ( 7 X 1 1/2 ) and added purple to the top and made it round....its not good for anything but I will put it in the house and let it collect dust.. comments and critiques welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

David that is a pretty piece. I really like the color combo of the wood.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Looks like ART to me!.I love your finish and the wood combo is perfect!..Congrats on a great "dust collector". But for me it is pure "eye candy"...Bill..

Hi David, a nicely done very pretty piece of maple, would look good even without the Purple heart, I'll bet it will not collect much dust, as it will be picked up often to be caressed, everyone will want to touch it, good job :-))
    Have fun and take care

Looks pretty good to me! Great looking wood combination and finish! I'm sure it will grab a lot of attention! Nice work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

David,
    I like the color combination. The collar color makes the Maple spalting really come alive. I also really like the great finish. What is the finish?
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

thanks again for the kind words

the finish is deft laquer.. at this point ihave never used oil of any kind and only used poly for stuff that wasnt very important but Ive seen things on here that makes me want to try some of these finishes.. It looks like you guys know how to make these finishes slick and shiney...then my next step will be how to take pictures
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired