Thread: wobble in Oneida filter?

wobble in Oneida filter?

Guys-
    Just set up my 2.5 HP Oneida unit and noticed that the end of the filter unit wobbles a bit. Normal? Or should I be tightening something up more. I have the cyclone mounted on the floor stand which is bolted to the floor.
    thanks.
    -bernie

Bernie,

I have my 3 HP Oneida bolted to the wall and I see no wobble in the filter. I would check the filter mounting for tightness and then I would place my my hand on the DC housing with the motor running and see if I felt any unsusual vibration. With it bolted to the floor, I wouldn't expect to see anything other than the filter loose.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Like Ken, my 2.5 is bolted to the wall and I get no vibration or wobble anywhere. Something is loose somewhere.

Oh...
    You better be checking around.
    Sounds like it got into your liqueur supply.
    I wobble when I do that.

Hi Bernie,
    Good advice from the guys here.

I can think of a couple of things that might be the problem (depending on the extent of the wobble), but I can't really offer any "official" advice on possible mechanical problems, as I'm not an engineer and not technically qualified to do so.

If you can't stop the wobble, I would advise you to give us a call as soon as you can during our business hours, and someone will be on hand to help you troubleshoot the problem. We have people here until 6pm EST M-Th, until 5pm on Fridays. 800-732-4065

Thanks,
    Jamie Delker
    Oneida Air Systems