Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodworkers Journal Scam . . .?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven DeMars View Post
    This is the way it works, they send it and tell you IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT, just return it . . . .or discard it . . . I discarded it . .

Well I don't want it and I don't think I should be responsible to get it back to them.

Well, well....

I just received this in the mail, along with a Rockler catalog. Coincidence?

The fine print in the letter clearly says that we are under no obligation whatsoever to return the DVD if we don't want to pay for it.

It also says something to the effect of, "But if you would like some other woodworker to enjoy this fine DVD, send it back."

I have half a mind to make good on my idea to send them a crappy movie from my DVD collection to them, along with a bill.

"Dear Woodworker's Guild,

Thank you so much for you kind invitation to preview your woodworking DVD. I didn't like it, and I'm using the disc as a beer coaster.

But I've decided to let you take part in an even more exciting offer!

I have sent you a copy of the action thriller 'Executive Decision,' starring Kurt Russell and Steven Seagall. This is an excellent way to expand your DVD collection with movies that I received as gifts, and will never watch again.

You are free to discard this movie, send it back in the enclosed S.A.S.E., or keep it. If you decide to keep the movie, I will bill you $19.95 (payable only in nickles) and send you other movies that I can't stand. You can remain a member as long as you like, so long as you keep sending me 10 rolls of nickles (minus one nickle) every two or three months.

Don't delay, because I have copies of Windtalkers, the Spongebob movie, and Scooby Doo that I'm dying to be rid of.

Thank you, and keep in mind, the fact that you opened this letter constitutes acceptance of my terms (in a very real and legally-binding way).

Warmest regards,

Eric Larsen

PS -- As a special bonus, if you pay for the movie, I will send you a copy of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. It doesn't get much worse than that."
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; 08-14-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Deflation: When I was a kid, an E-ticket meant I was about to go on the ride of my life. Today, an E-ticket means a miserable ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Here is the link Lee and David above referred to. Very funny: http://www.vertical-visions.com/_tem...id/index2.html
    Tire! I would have sent rocks. Or even better all the used kitty litter I get every month from the two flee bags that inhabit my house
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!