Thread: wall mounting of new 5 hp Oneida Dust Gorilla any suggestions

wall mounting of new 5 hp Oneida Dust Gorilla any suggestions

I finally broke down and bought the Oneida 5 hp Gorilla dust collector / cyclone.
    I did get the wall mount and will be putting it up in Basement shop attaching it to 2x4's on the wall. ( outside of the house is brick) are there any sucessful ways to insulate the vibration " I assume there will be some?" from the walls?

I am surprised after buying this I thought I would have had second thoughts now I cannot wait to get it here!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any suggestions
    Bill

I'm not sure this will apply in your case due to the wall mount but I hung mine from the rafters using vibration hangers from Grainger.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I mounted my 2.5hp G to the wall using a horizontal 2'x6' spanning 3 vertical studs. My midnight installation isolation mounting consists of multiple layers of 30mil rubber (shower pan liner.) I lined each side of the mounting 2x6 and made lag screw washers with the same material. After 3 plus months there are no cracks on the drywall or ext brick.

Here are a couple shots of the vibration hangers I used. I don't rightly recall what rating or part number I used from Grainger...sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Bill,

If you look at my entry(last one) in this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=100335 you can see what I did.

Mine is in the basement also on a wall mount but not on the wall. It is "free standing".

As for vibration, I don't have any that I can tell.

Jim

I mounted my 2 HP DG on the brick wall by cutting through the drywall between metal studs, then built a wood spacer to fill the cavity. The wall bracket is bolted to the spacer. It does not touch the drywall, so hopefully that lessens noise transmission.

Thanks

I may use the 6x6 method in that its perfest for the area I am in the ceiling jiosts are 9'6" from the floor. its the unfinished side of a walk out basement
    thanks for your ideas. I am looking forward to be tter dust collection system and its on its way
    I did use another filter not the ones Oneida sells. these have 300 sq fr of materiel each (using 2) ans the oneida filter has 110 .
    Bill

I hung mine by putting it on a 3/4" piece of plywood, then hoisting the whole thing up and attaching it to the studs.
    Mine is in a garage shop, though, and on an outside wall. But the vibration is nil. It's the discharge roar that was the most horrible thing to deal with.
    So I set upon boxing in the main cyclone, leaving the motor in free air for cooling, with sticks and sound board and OSB outer panels. And I channeled the discharged air over to my air compressor enclosure. So it blows down through that and provides filtered air to cool the air compressor. (Many turns make quiet air)
    Got it down to where you can talk in the shop with it running.
    Mine is a Woodsucker though. I would fully expect an Oneida to be as good or better for smooth operation.

I have heard of using hockey pucks between the wall and the mount, wall/hockey puck/ mount/ hockey puck/fender washer.
    Seemed to work fine according to the poster.
    Regards
    Pete

Thanks for the suggestions.

I appreciate the answers all of you have provided.
    Bill