Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel X3 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Knight View Post
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome..

I used the print screen key on my key board then pasted the images into Corel and cropped them. I did two captures to make that little layout of the corel work space...

The print screen key is usually to the top left of your key board between you letter pad and you numbers pad.. if hit that key you can then paste the screen capture into Corel or whatever software application.

Thanks,

Tom Knight

Hmmmm.....I found the print screen button on my keyboard, but I can't seem to get it to work. It's actually on the number keypad inside a rectangle. I tried toggling on and off the num lock, tried the alt, ctl, and shift keys.....but I couldn't get it to capture a screen shot. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve, what are you doing with it once you capture it? It doesn't visibly do anything when you capture it. You have to open something and "paste" it in that. So open Corel and try pasting once you have do the right keystrokes.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Steve, what are you doing with it once you capture it? It doesn't visibly do anything when you capture it. You have to open something and "paste" it in that. So open Corel and try pasting once you have do the right keystrokes.

I have no idea what I'm doing!!!

I guess I have to find the right keystrokes.....whenever I hit "paste" whatever the last thing I copied gets pasted.....not the screen shot. After the screen shot do I hit "copy"?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

LOL Steve, I have to tell you, when I need a screen print, I hit the Screen Print button, then I hit the Control screen print, then the alt screen print, then the control, alt, and print screen, and then I go into my application and hit paste. So I have no idea which one it is that works and I use it so little, I always forget

It's one of those combinations
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

If you hit "print screen" then go to where you want to paste it and hit "control v" you should have it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Steve

I think I got this right.
    It is a little extra work but i am sure it will pay off when i start my own tutorials. (Eat your heart out, Steve)

Abdul
    Attached Images Attached Images

I give up! I tried every combination possible and couldn't get it to work. I didn't really want to know how to do it anyway......

Shift + Print Screen. Open new corel document and paste. Edit bitmap and save as jpg2 standard works for me.
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Shift+PrtScrn = whole screen; alt+PrtScrn = window
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Hmmmm.....I found the print screen button on my keyboard, but I can't seem to get it to work. It's actually on the number keypad inside a rectangle. I tried toggling on and off the num lock, tried the alt, ctl, and shift keys.....but I couldn't get it to capture a screen shot. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Steve.

Did you try the Function (fn) key?
    This worked for me. Then go to CorelDRAW and hit ctrl v for paste.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Tom, great website. Gotta get back to view a few more videos. The one on flames is very cool.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Scott, you're a genius!!! It worked the first time!

And so I'm wondering why nobody else knew about my secret function key.........

I have a simple little program called Picture publisher that I have been using for years.. It's just a simple paint program that allows me to do quick things, that I could probably do much better in photopaint, but don't have the time to sort it out.. If I have a quick change to do to a bitmap, I just select it, hit <cntrl> C and then use the clip board to open a new file in either of the two programs, or do part in one, and the rest in another.. then back to the clip board and paste back to corel.. It might be round about, but I've been doing it for so long it's almost an automatic second nature..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Steve try <Ctrl> + <Alt> +<Delete> Then quietly step away from the computer
    John & Alicia Love
    Pinnacle M series 40 Watt Laser
    Coreldraw X3, Photograv V2_11,
    an old handsaw and a garage full of toys.
    4 Kids (3 girls one boy), 4 grandkids, a Bloodhound, St. Bernard and a boxer.
    The dogs own the place and allow us to live with them.

I Like kids... I just can't eat a whole one
    Save the whales... Collect the whole set
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open