Thread: Several recent projects

Several recent projects

I don't post pictures of my projects often so I figured I'd post several now. Nothing real fancy here, but all the recipients are very happy.

This is a walnut built-in shelf. The clients had two front doors so they replaced one with a window and this shelf. The top of the shelf also serves as the stool for the window.

Next, cherry knife display case

Third, walnut gun cabinet
    I chose to use some walnut with a little "character" here and there just because of the nature of the piece.

Wife's display cabinet
    I used Peruvian walnut, jatoba, curly maple

Walnut platform bed with jatoba panels

Yeah, I know. Put a face plate on the outlet.

Finally, here's a dry-fit of a side table I'm currently working on. The wood is jatoba. It's the first of two. The grain in the 2nd one is just awesome. I'll have to post a pic or 3 of it when I'm done.

You wife's display cabinet just takes the cake. The drawer fronts are Jatoba you say? Nice work.

Last pic looks kinda Davis Marks/ Mark Spagnolo(esc)
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I have to agree with Dewey - the display cabinet is awesome. I also like the simplicity of the bed, and I can't wait to see the photos of the night stands. Nice work - keep them coming.

Brian
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Wow, beautiful assortment of pieces. The gun cabinet is very elegant, as is your wife's display cabinet. And I love the lines on the side table - I'm also looking forward to more pictures of that one.

-Steve

Blog Entries
    Very nice work. The designs and finishing look great from here. However, I think that bedroom might need to be the next item on your to do list as the bed doesn't fit well with teh rest of the decor.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Well there is nothing in any of those picture that I dont like!! Everything looks very well done and I really like the lower panels on the gun cabinet. You do really nice work!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Thanks, guys.

Lee, you don't like the cold concrete walls?

Very nice projects !!!!
    MARK

All very nice projects!

I'm especially impressed with the gun cabinet! That appears to be a very large door on the cabinet. A door that size with glass could have been a challenge. Nicely done....even tho it does have what appears to be a couple of Remingtons sittin' in there.....

Nice work!

You've been quite busy! All nice work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Night stands are my favorite!
    Really like the way the legs curve out at the bottom AND the top.
    Very nice work overall.
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Very nice gun cabinet. Is that your design? I recently finished a gun cabinet from walnut and I used Wood Mag plans. It looks a lot like yours. If you scroll down in this forum, you will see a picture of it.

Matt

you have been busy very nice pieces.