Thread: Polymer Clay Pen Blank?!

Question Polymer Clay Pen Blank?!

I came home today from work and was greeted by two pen blanks my wife had made out of polymer clay. Any of you ever turned this stuff before?

If you're not familiar with polymer clay, it's a clay-like plastic compound that can be molded and shaped and then cured in a home oven. Once cured, it's hard like a ceramic, but it's not brittle and can be sanded, drilled, and carved. Here's more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_clay

Dave, I have worked with it a little it works very well but a sharp scraper or using the gouge shear scraping works best. You won't get many curls like acrylic, but it will sand nice and CA will give it a nice hard finish you can polish out just like any other CA finished piece. The thing about the clay is that there are tons of colors and ways to mix it and make wonderful pens and stoppers etc.

Have fun,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Thank you

Jeff,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate the help.

David