Guys,

My table saw (basic Delta contractor saw, but has served me well) blade seems to be getting dull (again). It's a Freud, so not a terribly cheap or expensive model. I have been cutting a fair bit of plywood as I build some shop cabinets, and the saw is really beginning to struggle.

Anyway I have few questions:
- I'm assuming that the plywood (and some particle board and MDF) is especially hard on the blade - is this true?

- Can I sharpen the blade myself (meaning just take a file and hack away at each tooth)?

- Assuming not, does anyone know of a good sharpening service that doesn't end up costing as much as the blade itself (as well as making me wait 3 weeks to get it back)? I'm not made of money - I have a $50 blade and don't want to spend $40 getting it sharpened!

- Finally, if I'm buying a new blade - are there any recommendations beyond the Forrest WWII? Again, even the $80 Amazon price is a bit out of my budget, especially given that I have one blade and am still cutting quite a bit of plywood (although hope to graduate to hardwood once I get the shop finished)...

Thanks in advance for your advice...