Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Blade Sharpening

Quote Originally Posted by John Adam View Post
    Thanks,

Yes, I am a 'one blader', but you've got me thinking....

I have noticed some packaged offerings from Dewalt and Ridgid that contain both a rip and crosscut blade - any experience with those brands outside of the 'construction' industry?
    Don't bother. I didn't like the blades. I ended up getting a Freud glueline rip and a cabinet makers crosscut. I also have a Freud combination blade that does very well.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by John Adam View Post
    Thanks,

Yes, I am a 'one blader', but you've got me thinking....
    Everybody has a price point they would like to meet, however the benefits of task specific blades far outweigh the initial pain of the price.
    Longer life/ fewer sharpenings/better results. Let`s assume, that like many of us, you don`t have a 3 or 5hp T.S. Putting a 24T rip only blade on an "average" 1.5 or 1.75 hp T.S. makes a CONSIDERABLE difference.
    If at all possible, spend the $`s for blades and take the time to change when necessary. JMO

I have a manual circular saw sharpener and it does OK. I can grind faces and tips easy, although I generally only do the face. By the time the blade would be bad I have had many sharpenings and it is do for replacement anyway.

My fine tooth blades go to dynamic sharpening via UPS. I don't have a diamond wheel for doing them and it would take 10+ sharpenings to make it even, not counting my time and forgetting the better job done by the pro's.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"