Thread: CorelDraw How-To

CorelDraw How-To

I have a project I'm doing for a benefit auction for our local public radio station. I want to make a set of numbers for an "art clock" in the two layer style like what was used in the 3D sign tutorial on the Universal site (http://www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_...signage_1.html) Can anyone walk me through or point me to a tutorial on how to do the number inside a number in CorelDraw? Ofcourse, I should have completed this project yesterday..

Thanks,

Chris
    From the Land of the Great Wet North. Home of 12-15 feet of rain a year!

Universal M360 60 watt, Corel X4,Taig CNC Mill, Taig Lathe, Fully equipped Jewelry and Lapidary Studio.

Good morning Chris,

I am not even going to try to help, I am sure that i would screw you up. Have you tried 'YouTube'? I know that there are a lot of informative videos there.
    Epilog mini 24 with 45 watts
    X3
    More wood working tools then I deserve

If I understand what you need, try this:

Enter the numbers in the correct size and font

Convert to curves

Use the contour tool to do an inline at the correct distance (inside contour)

Ungroup the numbers and contours

Select the inside letters, cut

Select the outside letters, cut.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks Joe. I'll give that a try. I'm still learning Draw and haven't used the contour tool. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Thanks again,

Chris

Universal M360 60 watt, Corel X4,Taig CNC Mill, Taig Lathe, Fully equipped Jewelry and Lapidary Studio.

Exactly what I wanted!

Thanks Joe.

Chris

I posted this in another Thread

Home made 3d
    Hi, I played around with the 3D as well and had what I thought was good results. One of the popular items I sell are cross's of many different types so to make them even better I made a few in 3D to round off the egdes. I also did a star badge. I used the conture tool on Corel 12 with the color choice and shades of grey. Try them out and see what you think. I have a 35 watt epilog and use settings of 400dpi,12 speed and 100%power and usally only one pass. Their is also a vector line to cut them out. Terry
    Attached Files3d cross.zip (948.6 KB, 95 views)
    Also the same method I use is now on the Epilog web site Terry

Terry

Very well done. There is a thread called Corel tips. It would be great to post a "how to" there if your time permits.

Thanks for the post.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Terry, that looks like a technique with a lot of potential. I am relatively new to CorelDraw and lasering and haven't tried using greyscales.

Thanks!

Chris