Thread: Can't Change Image Density under manual control

Can't Change Image Density under manual control

Hi everyone, i'm new here but i've learnt how to solve a few of the problems i've had with my vls 4.60 so far, thanks to you guys
    Now, i'm trying to engrave images with my machine but only half of the image gets engraved (only the bigger parts) i've seen the guides, and they mention that image density should be 3 for a 1.5" Lens. I have a 2" one and wanted to use the same setting but that part of the tab is locked. not sure why.
    here's an image of what i mean...

any suggestions?
    tks

Hi Ricardo,
    Not sure I can help, but welcome. Have you tried highlighting the Black and un-checking Image Enhancement? This is different from my screen or I'd try it for you....
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Welcome to the Creek Ricardo, sadly my print screen is completely different from yours, but I am betting that someone here will be able to guide you in the right direction.
    John & Alicia Love
    Pinnacle M series 40 Watt Laser
    Coreldraw X3, Photograv V2_11,
    an old handsaw and a garage full of toys.
    4 Kids (3 girls one boy), 4 grandkids, a Bloodhound, St. Bernard and a boxer.
    The dogs own the place and allow us to live with them.

I Like kids... I just can't eat a whole one
    Save the whales... Collect the whole set
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Gomes View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm new here but i've learnt how to solve a few of the problems i've had with my vls 4.60 so far, thanks to you guys
    Now, i'm trying to engrave images with my machine but only half of the image gets engraved (only the bigger parts) i've seen the guides, and they mention that image density should be 3 for a 1.5" Lens. I have a 2" one and wanted to use the same setting but that part of the tab is locked. not sure why.
    here's an image of what i mean...
    any suggestions?
    tks
    I am going to take a wild guess here but are you trying to make the adjustment AFTER you send it to the laser? You need to do it from the properties BEFORE you send it, while still in Corel through properties.

It stumped me for a while when I first got my machine.
    Last edited by Dave Yanke; 02-16-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Punctuation
    VLS 4.60 50 watt w/rotary, Corel X3/X4, Photoshop CS4, Photoshop Elements 7, Windows XP SP3 upgraded from Windows Vista.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out screaming "WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE !!"

ah... so that's the trick to it?? thanks a million...
    will give that a go right away

it works (of course it would...)

Original BMP

Engraved...
    Last edited by Ricardo Gomes; 02-16-2009 at 9:54 AM.

Umm...the Nissan GTR. What a beautiful car.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

I believe you are going to want to invert that image before engraving. You also will want to photograv it or use the Gold method to halftone it.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Harper View Post
    I believe you are going to want to invert that image before engraving. You also will want to photograv it or use the Gold method to halftone it.
    OK, now I have a question:

Gold method?
    VLS 4.60 50 watt w/rotary, Corel X3/X4, Photoshop CS4, Photoshop Elements 7, Windows XP SP3 upgraded from Windows Vista.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out screaming "WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE !!"

The image was inverted, as photograv is smart and asked for it.
    As for halftone... you mean in the dithering method? or you mean image treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Yanke View Post
    OK, now I have a question:

Gold method?
    Do a search for the gold method and you will find a plug-in/script and instructions to simulate the photograv process.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Gomes View Post
    The image was inverted, as photograv is smart and asked for it.
    As for halftone... you mean in the dithering method? or you mean image treatment?
    The windshield in the engraved image is black, I'm sure you would agree that it should be white/clear. Photograv does not always get it right, give it a try and see if you think it looks better inverted from its current state. If the image was processed in Photograv then it has already been dithered/half toned.
    Jack

Do a search for the gold method and you will find a plug-in/script and instructions to simulate the photograv process.
    If anyone has a link to this thread/script it would be appreciated. A search is not turning it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Yanke View Post
    If anyone has a link to this thread/script it would be appreciated. A search is not turning it up.
    Try here

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ht=gold+method
    Jack

Thanks a bunch!