Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax ID

Use the link below.

http://www.scbos.com/default.htm

As the web site indicates "... is the official state web portal for anyone with a business or starting a business in South Carolina who needs to file permits, licenses, registrations, or taxes with the state. From the convenience of your computer at anytime, 24 hours a day – 7 days a week, you can take care of your important state filings, and pay for multiple filings and/or taxes with one credit, debit, or EFW payment."

Just for comparison, In Canada, if your sales exceed 35k 'i think' you need a GST (fed salestax) number, if your are selling retail in Ontario (probably all the other provinces as well (except Alberta) you will need a Ontario sales tax number. IF you are shipping out of Ontario, you need only charge the fed 5% tax (unless you have a branch in the Prov. you are shipping to) Most of my work goes out of the Province or to the U.S. so I have to do a quarterly fed report, and a 6mo Prov. report, I get back any GST I spend for the business, and the PST # allows me to buy PST Exempt (8%) but I get to pocket 5% of the PST 8% I collect from customers.. On the other hand if you put those two taxes together, you get GST/PST, sounded out, it's the attitude of everyone about taxes..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it