Thread: Chisel gloat

Chisel gloat

As a retirement gift to myself I bought two Thompson gouges. A 1/2" V Bowl gouge and a 3/8" detail gouge. I've been wanting to add a few chisels to the collection and decided to get the best. The bowl gouge got a run of the mill ash handle but I decided to get creative with the detail gouge. The handle is made of hard maple with rosewood, walnut and ebony. I even made a little cap for the end using the same rosewood, walnut and ebony. That little cap took longer to make than the handle did but does fancy it up a little. The finial is made from a copper fitting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My money talks to me... It says Good Bye.

David, nice gloat...your going to love the thompsons BTW the handle you made looks great
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

David - congrats on the new gouges! Your handle sure looks great! The different woods sure do fancy it up!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

David:
    Great looking handle. You are going to love the detail gouge. I got one for Christmas. Let me know how the bowl gouge works for you because it is next on my list.
    All the best.

Don

Nice handle! You should be able to find it easily enough in a big pile of curlies with that treatment...Bill...

Nice job David

Great looking handle David. You are going to love those gouges. I roughed three bowls yesterday before going to the grinder.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice handle!! It would have to give you a sense of pride each time you use it. Now that makes me want to go re-do all the ones Ive made and make em purty!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.