Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: RIDGID saw with Biesemeyer fence??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Calif.
    Posts
    1,995

    RIDGID saw with Biesemeyer fence??

    I have a RIDGID TS3650 contractor saw with the stock fence, which works great.

    I've also got a brand new, still-in-the-box Biesemeyer fence down in my basement collecting dust. I snatched it up at Lowe's a few months ago on clearance for $80, but haven't been able to bring myself to installing it on the RIDGID. I figured that I'd save it for the day when I'm able to afford a cabinet saw (which is probably several years away yet).

    Has anybody with a RIDGID "upgraded" their fence to a Biesemeyer? Was it tough to install? Was it worth it?

    Jason

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    34
    Jason -

    The woodworking forum over at Ridgid.com has a few threads related to this.

    Here's one that might help:

    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ght=biesemeyer

    I'm still using the standard fence on my TS3650, but I would have made the switch if I had gotten the deal you did!

    Jared

  3. #3
    I have a Ridgid TS2424 and the stock fence worked great. I did buy the Bies at Lowes like you did. WOW I love that fence. I made new wings for my saw with MDF and formica, mounted my router in the right wing and installed the bies fence. I love the set up I have now. It is easier to get more accurate cuts, and the fence is longer and extends past the back of the table. That makes it easier to make good rip cuts. I could never have justified the $400 for the fence, but I am so very glad I have it now. Use it, you will love it.

    Here is my post when I finished the install
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=79000
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    5,803
    I'm with John. I have the older Ridgid, 3612, and I put one of the Lowe's Biese fences on it, and it is such a joy to use. The stock fence was not bad, but it did have some wiggle to it that I couldn't adjust out. The Biese is rock solid! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    I'm with John. I have the older Ridgid, 3612, and I put one of the Lowe's Biese fences on it, and it is such a joy to use. The stock fence was not bad, but it did have some wiggle to it that I couldn't adjust out. The Biese is rock solid! Jim.
    I had a 3612, but sold it. I never had a problem with the stock fence, and considered it to be one of the better features on the saw. I really did enjoy the use I got out of my 3612, a great little saw that is very practical and made decently. My only complaint would be in the power, it would struggle on most 8/4 hardwoods.

    I do have a bies on the saw that replaced my little Ridgid 3612, and do like it a lot. Still, I would invest in other stuff before a new fence for the Ridgid, my $02. Sure, if you have the fence use it I 'spose, but it would require some modification to adapt it.

    Even my bies required some mods to get on my current saw, see pic, I had to grind out the mounting bar to allow full access to the miter fills.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

    Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Western Nebraska
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff View Post
    I had a 3612, but sold it. I never had a problem with the stock fence, and considered it to be one of the better features on the saw. I really did enjoy the use I got out of my 3612, a great little saw that is very practical and made decently. My only complaint would be in the power, it would struggle on most 8/4 hardwoods.

    I do have a bies on the saw that replaced my little Ridgid 3612, and do like it a lot. Still, I would invest in other stuff before a new fence for the Ridgid, my $02. Sure, if you have the fence use it I 'spose, but it would require some modification to adapt it.

    Even my bies required some mods to get on my current saw, see pic, I had to grind out the mounting bar to allow full access to the miter fills.

    Nice saw Alan. Yates-American, right? Do you have a tilting table and arbor, or am I missing something?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic
    Now this is the signature of a man who has yielded to reason and faced reality.

    I hope that never happens to me.
    Sometimes you have to man up and throw in the towel.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Nice saw Alan. Yates-American, right? Do you have a tilting table and arbor, or am I missing something?
    Thanks Steve, yes it is a Yates-American G-89. It doesn't have a tilting table, but it does have a direct drive 5 HP motor, that tilts, motor and blade pivot on a set of rockers and the straight white handle below the bies locks that pivot so it doesn't move. The handwheel on the right has a pinion gear that moves the motor/blade on the pivot.

    The older saws had a tilting table, but those were the ones that didn't have a tilting arbor, like the No 1.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

    Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •