Thread: Thanks to Chip Peterson, Mike Null and especially Roy Brewer

Thanks to Chip Peterson, Mike Null and especially Roy Brewer

Well, it came down to the wire - and I just didn't feel like typing in over 120 names. So I took the time to search the forum.

Found Chip's question on Mail Merge...

Mike's link to Roy's tutorial...

And used Roy's tutorial to figure out that Mail Merge isn't really some long hidden Chinese Secret...

If you haven't tried it yet - give it a shot - it works great!

One other note - if you get an excel file that has names/data in multiple columns - check out the CONCATENATE function to combine data together (Last Name - First Name seperate columns in to a first name_last name column for trophy plate). I can't add much to Roy's tutorial, but I did know of that function and it is priceless when you've got alot of data in seperate columns.
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

I'm glad that my ignorance helped someone!
    Computer programs - CorelDraw X4, Vista operating system, Photograv, so many others.

Dye-sublimation. Epson 1400, Knight 16" x 20" press

Steve

Concatenate??? Are you sure that isn't profane?

I looked it up as I hadn't heard of it and it looks very useful.

Thank you.

https://www.uwec.edu/help/Excel07/fcn-concat.htm
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks again guys - I just got home from finishing those darn trophies. The funny thing - I started the thread right after I started the laser, it was done in a matter of minutes....

But due to the silly customers that kept coming in my store, I didn't get a chance to stick the plates until after I closed the store... Now isn't that the damnedest thing to have to complain about... I hope I get some more complaining in tomorrow....
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.