Thread: Need a favor

Blog Entries

Need a favor

I have AutoCad Lt 97 at home and the 2009 version at work. When I worked on the drawing for an EC center I'm making at lunch time last week, I forgot to save my drawing file as an older version so I could read it at home. Does anyone have a newer version of AutoCad handy that I could email the file to and have you open the file and resave it as an older version and send it back to me? It would save me a trip to the office and back.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Maybe something on the internet

I didn't look closely - but would this do it?
    http://www.dwggateway.com/

google may turn up other candidates.

Maybe...
    Jack Hutchinson

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I have AutoCad Lt 97 at home and the 2009 version at work. When I worked on the drawing for an EC center I'm making at lunch time last week, I forgot to save my drawing file as an older version so I could read it at home. Does anyone have a newer version of AutoCad handy that I could email the file to and have you open the file and resave it as an older version and send it back to me? It would save me a trip to the office and back.
    Lee,

I have 04' version. Do you think that will work? I'll give it a shot if you'd like.

James

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hutchinson View Post
    I didn't look closely - but would this do it?
    http://www.dwggateway.com/

google may turn up other candidates.

Maybe...
    Unfortunately I need to modify the drawing, not just view it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have 2008 LT here at home that should be able to do the job. I belive 2008 and 2009 file formats are the same.

Gary
    "Chaos is the law of nature. Order is the dream of man."
    Wallace Stegner

I have 2008. Shoot me a PM if you think this will open 2009 files.

Or you can download a 30 day trial of 2009.