Thread: Drill press & router/planer stations

Drill press & router/planer stations

I've noticed that there are times when there are Creekers asking for suggestions for Drill Press tables & router tables.
    I thought I would add to the mix w/ two projects I put together.

The first is a Drill Press table. I have'nt decided on the type of insert to route out of the table for the drill , through, any sugestions? The Drill Press is a Duracraft from Blanes' Fleet Farm.-works great, I know there are a great many Steel City proponents (I have their mortiser-great machine), But this price was in my ball park w/ no complaints.

The second is a combination Router/planeing station. When not in use the planer is stored in the bottom shelf to act as counter balance weight to routing operations. The Rockler adjustable rollers work great for long pieces above 60" lengths. The table top is (2) 3/4" 27"x48" pieces of mdf w/ solid surface laminated both sides. I have two tracks, a miter track & a "T" track for feather boards. The base is from a shingle sheet of 4x8x3/4 plywood. There are internal braces to prevent sagging & racking. I keep the dust collection hose attached & the router off the plate w/ the shop vac on when planeing. Any chips that spit out of the planer are sucked up through the router pate hole. The router is a Milwaukee 5624 combo. Sweet- The Makita is "quiet" & leaves a great finish w/ little snipe. The Fence also double duties as a table saw fence which slips over the table saw fence when I need to saw panels, the feather board acts as a anti kick back device too. The body of the fence also has compartments for bit & accessory storage.

The dust collector in the background is a Delte AP400 w/a Bill Pentz canister modification. Works great as a single unit. I am close enough to all my machines that i just need to switch off hoses.

I hope these help some. I know the router station is not going to win any beauty contests but it works great and functions as intended, besides my loml had great fun chiding me at my "decorating" the drill press and not spending the time on the bed that is on her/our list-Cherry, Maple & black walnut w/ BLO & Amber Shelac to be finished by spring.

Great site, Great people & Great inspiration- I found this sight by accident two summers ago while unemployed. I have found a great job now and just thought I would start to contribute.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice job on the tool combos. Welcome to the Creek! Your creativity is appreciated.

Brian Kent
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!