Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracing 101

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    I proofed the document and made a few changes and additions. Here's the newest version. Not much different, just more instructions for finishing the job.
    Dee,

Thank you so much. I have been struggling with Trace for weeks. I keep going back to it hoping I would get it to work better but I never seemed to bump into the right method.

It has been bugging me as I hate to not understand something. I will devote my morning to your tutorial and practice.

Unlike Steve's statement, "You have no idea what I was doing before......"

*I* had no idea what I was doing before....

Most generous of you to go to this effort.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dave Johnson29; 02-24-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: A bit gushing with the "thanks"
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

You're quite welcome, Dave, I hope you have good luck with it and it makes your life easier! Sometimes it's good to step away and see something from someone else's perspective and then it makes more sense.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

3. Viewing this thread reminded me of a program I used with some success. It can be a subscription service or you can buy the program outright albeit somewhat expensive. You can see it at this web site http://vectormagic.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    I'm sure there is a way to copy them, with Grab or something, but it's easier for me to draw it straight off than to research weird ways to do stuff.

Have what you want to show on the screen and press the "Print Screen" button, it may be abbreviated "Prt Scr" on the keyboard, it is a shift key combination. That puts it onto the clipboard, then just paste it into any application you want, word, corel, etc.
    George

vectormagic

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Zimmerman View Post
    Viewing this thread reminded me of a program I used with some success. It can be a subscription service or you can buy the program outright albeit somewhat expensive. You can see it at this web site http://vectormagic.com/home
    Lance: Although vectormagic is a awesome product; There just some projects that must be done by hand.
    Vector magic has been extensively discussed here in previous threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

You guys may want to considering those Advanced Artist DVD's. They cover all of this plus loads more.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    You guys may want to considering those Advanced Artist DVD's. They cover all of this plus loads more.
    Scott I just received my copy and I agree it's got a lot in it.
    It has an in depth tutorial on vector tracing.
    A great resource!
    Jack Halley

30w Pinnacle M, 30w Accuris Powersharp 12, Vinyl Express Q75

His tracing of the plumbing logo is just insane. That lesson is outstanding.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thats the one I'm following now!
    Jack Halley

30w Pinnacle M, 30w Accuris Powersharp 12, Vinyl Express Q75

Thanks Dee, that is just awesome that you did this. I know I don't give you and Belinda enough credit, but y'all are my two favorite gals on here and I learn tons from both of ya.

~John
    John & Alicia Love
    Pinnacle M series 40 Watt Laser
    Coreldraw X3, Photograv V2_11,
    an old handsaw and a garage full of toys.
    4 Kids (3 girls one boy), 4 grandkids, a Bloodhound, St. Bernard and a boxer.
    The dogs own the place and allow us to live with them.

I Like kids... I just can't eat a whole one
    Save the whales... Collect the whole set
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open

Thanks John. I don't feel like I really contribute much at all. Dee, on the otherhand, is a treasure trove of info!

Hey, Mrs. John (Alicia) needs to join us. We need some more galpals on here!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Thanks John. I don't feel like I really contribute much at all. Dee, on the otherhand, is a treasure trove of info!

Hey, Mrs. John (Alicia) needs to join us. We need some more galpals on here!
    Aw gee, Belinda, you're too modest. I think most of us get as much as we take from this forum, for the most part.

And John, some of the questions you've raised have been very interesting and inspirational in starting me thinking in different directions. Sometimes the help is not in the answer, but in the question. You are more than welcome to my tutorial, I hope to hear that someone found it useful!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

This inspires me, Dee! I'm tempted to do a tutorial on how I do traces now.

Cool....I love seeing how other people do things.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Tried your tutorial

Dee, Thanks so much for taking the time to share and help other creekers out. I know there is usually a software package or website to help out but nothing is as good as having a person share their real life procedures. I tried your suggested method and got great results. I try and share from time to time but just don't have the experience as some of you guys (even though I am as old or older than most). I, for one, really appreciate all of you that have tried to make mine and other's engraving journey a much smoother one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0