Thread: Kitchen Design Software Suggestions

Kitchen Design Software Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions for software that would allow me to design, price, and create a cutlist. I have seen KCDW and was wondering if anyone has used it and either liked it or disliked it. Andy

Kitchen Design Software

It's been several years but I've used KCDW and CabnetWare. KCDW is OK, CabnetWare was much better and not much more expensive (back then). CabnetWare had more capabilities and was easier, i.e. more intuitive to learn.

Got one too!

http://www.cabinetplanner.com/

I have done several kitchens and other projects with this software. Used it the last 2yrs and it does a great job. Not as fancy on the 3D renderings but definetly gives you/customer a good 3D screen shot.

Does everything you ask for. Cut list, plywood sheet layout, labels, etc.

Rob is the owner/creator and past cabinet maker. He answers emails/questions with in hours.

All this for $90. It fairly easy to learn, which is what I wanted and I've done $20K plus kitchens with this. He continues to update it so it's not a dead shelf product.

He has over 600 cabinet makers using it. It's not cnc ready but like I mentioned it can do all the basics and present the customer a good idea of how the kitchen is going to look.

I can send some layouts I did if you want some idea of how it works. He has a working demo.

If anyone was going to build a kitchen or multiple cabs, I highly rec. getting this software. Even if it was a one shot project.

-Peter

ps. I don't work or personally know cabinetplanner at all. just a very happy customer.

I've been using eCabinet Systems for about 6 years. It's probably the most versatile of all of the cabinet design tools. You have a lot more control over everything in your design. It does cutlists, nesting, line drawings and very nice renderings.

The attachments are of a bamboo kitchen I designed last year. The object on the counter next to the coffee maker is a bread slicing jig I designed to use up some of my bamboo scraps. That was also drawn with the eCabinets software. The client wanted the bamboo slab door look. You can of course do any style you like.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

www.cft411.com