Thread: Bunk Beds - Fun Tiki Beds

Bunk Beds - Fun Tiki Beds

Been a while since I have posted anything, but these beds, though not fine furniture were a fun project so I wanted to share them. I built them for a customer who wanted something unique and different.

They went to a beach front residence so their kids could have a 'themed' bedroom, we built them 2 of these beds, solid maple with the exception of the obvious cedar pieces...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Craig. Are the louvers active?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is a really cool bed.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Can't say I've ever seen anything like that before.

I had a bunk bed when I was a kid and I loved it. It was a standard model but I would have died for one of these like yours... kids love em.

Funny how things change when you grow up. I recall fist fighting my brother for the top bunk when I was a kid... now years later in the Navy I would still use (a more civilized approach) to obtain the lower "rack" albeit 3 tier config.

Again great work!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

That looks amazing!

I bet my sister would have given up her second-favorite stuffed animal when she was younger for one of those! (she is 28 now)