Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stop posting craigslist ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kountz View Post
    These types of posts belong in the D and D forum only and if someone is posting them in General Woodworking then yes that should not be tolerated. However the rest of your post sounds like a selfish little rant to be honest and its uncalled for. ALOT of people here like those headsups and I am one of them. To say "let them do their own legwork" is just being self centered and honestly downright unfriendly. You got something against helping others out? Thats all their trying to do is help people who may not have seen the ads themselves at CL or maybe they remembered seeing someone on here asking about a certain tool and they went "hey I'll post this here and maybe ol Bill over in Kentucky will be interested". Its just being neighborly to me. How is it screwing over anyone? Chances are if someone is looking on their own they have found it long before someone here posts about it, then someone else reads it and finds the deal. The item is probably long gone by then but that is NOT the point. Your saying in effect to heck with someone, let them do it themselves and Im saying hey maybe I can help.
    Boy, i really dont have the energy to argue about points I made, or were addressed pages earlier.

You got your two cents in, good on you.

Seems funny that you somehow think it is YOUR place to determining what is called and uncalled for on this forum, considering 60+ posters, as well as 3 or 4 moderators are/were engaged in this discussion.

Okay, Folks, we all need to chill a bit here.

There is some excellent discussion but clearly some nerves have been frazzled. I just ask that we all respect each other's viewpoints so that the thread can continue to contribute.

Peace
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Alex's first argument I dont agree with. I really like seeing the craiglist postings it is very helpfuly. But I am completly in favor of his suggestion that we move all craigslist, ebay, and other post to deals and discounts were only contributors can view them. When I first dicovered this forum it only took me a few days to realize $6 is awful cheap for the kind of information and entertainment that this has brought me. I think that is an excellent suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Bryan, click on "User CP" and up near the top of the page it will tell you "Your Contributor Status"
    Thanks Bruce! I learned something new today!

Bryan