Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Why's everybody baggin' on IKEA?

Sorry Tony I meant keep it friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Shanku View Post
    Why isnt this in the "Off-Topic" forum?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This thread has nothing to do with woodworking or power tools but rather, it's about the quality of Ikea furniture.

I think I'll start a thread here on who you like better...Ginger or Mary Ann. I could mention the Bamboo huts to make it woodworking related.

and yes, I know that Bamboo is a grass and not a wood...
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Shanku View Post
    Why isnt this in the "Off-Topic" forum?

Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This thread has nothing to do with woodworking or power tools but rather, it's about the quality of Ikea furniture.

I think I'll start a thread here on who you like better...Ginger or Mary Ann. I could mention the Bamboo huts to make it woodworking related.

and yes, I know that Bamboo is a grass and not a wood...
    Hey Cody, That all depends on how you look at it and what product. You can get Bamboo flooring ya know.

Now to keep the thread on topic....Ikea? Never bought any and I don't like buying furniture from "furniture stores" any way. Too much "stuff" in the stores that I highly classify as "junk". I had a furniture shop owner try to sell me a "solid cherry" bedroom suit.....until I proved to him that it was a cherry veneer on top of particleboard......then the tune changed to "well it's solid cherry veneer." Nuff said.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    I think I'll start a thread here on who you like better...Ginger or Mary Ann....
    Ginger...end of thread.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Ginger...end of thread.
    Ginger and Mary Ann together Now thats the end
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Ginger...end of thread.
    You've got to be kidding. Mary Ann of course.

But the reason this is woodworking related came up just today. I'd been sketching out a plan for a platform bed with a friend of the family. I'd build it, she'd paint it and pay for materials. We came up with an idea she liked, then I priced the lumber and it came to about $160. She then told me that she could get exactly what she wanted, already painted at Ikea for $180.

The tools connection is that I want to hit something with a hammer at this point.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate