Thread: Bit the bullet

Talking Bit the bullet

After doing what many people have done before me, I've decided to take the plunge and will be ordering my Epilog EXT60w this afternoon,
    I wanted to thank everyone for their advise and support and especially a fellow Brit Frank who steered me in the right direction. So now the learning begins and I guess I'll be begging for more help down the road, so I'll look forward to the support and comedy I've seen on this site.
    Epilog Legend EXT 60w-Corel X4
    Skype me .

There's a lot more good than evil,
    and there's a lot more joy than pain.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil:
    for thou art with me;
    thy rod and thy staff
    they comfort me."

Welcome Dave. Learning it all isn't the problem... it's remembering it all. Glad you're with us!

Anthony
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Congrats big boy!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

We expect to see some really cool stuff out of you......
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

And it is a BIG BOY! 36 x 24 with 60 Glorius watts! You'll love it.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Congrats big boy!
    "Frank" I'am not a big boy and don't call me shirley
    Epilog Legend EXT 60w-Corel X4
    Skype me .

There's a lot more good than evil,
    and there's a lot more joy than pain.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley
    of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil:
    for thou art with me;
    thy rod and thy staff
    they comfort me."

Nice Machine

You will love it. Sometimes I wish I went for a bigger table size.

Way to go on stimulating the economy !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Awesome! The first weeks of owning the thing is a thrill, it is fun and it is scary! Just wait till you hear your first "crunch"! heh heh, you'll be so glad to have Epilog's tech department there when you need 'em. Speaking from personal experience, of course I've had my Epilog for a few years now, I don't crunch anything anymore but its still a lotta fun to use.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Fairfield View Post
    Awesome! The first weeks of owning the thing is a thrill, it is fun and it is scary! Just wait till you hear your first "crunch"! heh heh, you'll be so glad to have Epilog's tech department there when you need 'em. Speaking from personal experience, of course I've had my Epilog for a few years now, I don't crunch anything anymore but its still a lotta fun to use.

Dave
    David, How many years do I have to wait until the crunching stops?????
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Congrats!

Hi Dave!

Congratulations! I have the same model and wattage. You'll love it! I've had the machine almost 2-yrs now and I have not had a single problem. I think down the road you will be glad you went with the bigger table.

Best wishes and look forward to what you will share with us all in the future.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Heh heh, depends on your ambition/competency ratio. I removed the auto focus plunger from my machine and trained myself to never, ever click auto focus. That helped. But mostly I engrave flat stuff now

Remember the first time the auto focus plunger whacked the ruler bar when it returned to the home position, and you saw it scrunch over and you didn't know it was mounted on a spring? LOL

Dave

Dave,

Congrats and thank you for your business. There's lots to learn from the folks here on the creek and we're all here to help.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

How many years do I have to wait until the crunching stops?????
    Steve, the crunching will stop right about the time you discover you need hearing aids...then once you get your new hearing aid you will discover that it has resumed.
    John & Alicia Love
    Pinnacle M series 40 Watt Laser
    Coreldraw X3, Photograv V2_11,
    an old handsaw and a garage full of toys.
    4 Kids (3 girls one boy), 4 grandkids, a Bloodhound, St. Bernard and a boxer.
    The dogs own the place and allow us to live with them.

I Like kids... I just can't eat a whole one
    Save the whales... Collect the whole set
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Crunching? never mind the crunching, it's the screeching/shattering/smoking/ and grinding noises that will 'really' rattle your wallet.. All of course, are quickly followed by a vast assortment of choice statements salted liberally with family surprising expletives
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I currently have a 75 Watt EX and will hopefully have my new 75 Watt EXT before the end of the week - I can't wait. I've had the EX for around 5 years definatley time for an upgrade. I'll post some pics when it arrives. Peck if you're reading this make sure it's on that plane TODAY