Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: Bessey K-Body Clamps *NEW LOWER PRICE* (new thread)

Group Buy: Bessey K-Body Clamps *NEW LOWER PRICE* (new thread)

<b>The Amazon catalog mailing on July 19th has an accessory sale in it and there will be a <u>better</u> price break on the 10 packs of Besseys. It was not supposed to be reduced, but an error was made and the prices are good!!</b>

<i>Let me state right up front that if you cannot pick these clamps up from Terry Hatfield's home in Springdale, Arkansas (or have someone pick them up for you), you probably shouldn't read any further or get involved in the Group Buy. This idea was spawned from the fact that a fair number of Creekers will be attending Terry's BBQ event from September 17-19, 2004, and we thought it might be the perfect spot to distribute the clamps and take advantage of a quantity deal. The clamps must be picked up before the 19th or Terry gets to keep your share...he isn't a warehouse after all but I'm sure he could find use for a few extra freebie Bessey's!</i>

Amazon Tool Crib sent out a recent catalog (#405/July 2004) that has decent prices on these clamps if bought in quantities of 10. The following table summarizes what is found on page 69 in the catalog:

<p><center><TABLE BORDER="1" CELLSPACING="5" CELLPADDING="5"><TR><TD> Max. Opening </TD><TD> 10 Pak Each</TD><td>"Group Buy" Each</td><td>"Group Buy" Each w/ $25 Discount!*</td></TR><TR><TD>12"</TD><TD> $ 242.90 </TD><td>$ 24.29</td><td>$ 21.79</td></TR><TR><TD>24"</TD><TD> $ 260.90</TD><td>$ 26.09</td><td>$ 23.59</td></TR><TR><TD>31"</TD><TD> $ 296.90<td>$ 29.69</td><td>$ 27.19</td></TR><TR><TD>40"</TD><TD> $ 323.90 </TD><td>$ 32.39</td><td>$ 29.89</td></TR><TR><TD>50"</TD><TD> $ 332.90 </TD><td>$ 33.29</td><td>$ 30.79</td></TR><TR><TD>60"</TD><TD> $ 359.90 </TD><td>$ 35.99</td><td>$ 33.49</td></TR><TR><TD>82"</TD><TD> $ 569.90 </TD><td>$ 56.99</td><td>$ 54.49</td></TR><TR><TD>98"</TD><TD> $ 649.90 </TD><td>$ 64.99</td><td>$ 62.49</td></TR></TABLE></center><br>

Some other incentives are as follows:

*EACH order of 10 clamps will get a $25 discount!! This means that you can immediately knock $2.50 off per clamp!! I may have to place 5 or 6 separate orders but no big deal!!

No tax and no shipping will be charged (assuming we spend >$199). This catalog says we can get $25 off an order over $199 using the code: grandslam4x5. I just ran a sample order in Amazon and for whatever reason, the price in this catalog doesn't match the price online. In fact, the 40" is listed at $37.95 each and when I put in a quantity of 10, it doesn't reflect any discount for buying 10 (final price is $354.50 which includes $25 discount). I'm sure a phone call would clear things up.

Depending on the size of the order, it might be difficult to figure out when to freeze the order and place it. We really, really, really want to make sure ALL clamps arrive at Terry's in time for the BBQ...that is the main goal of this Group Buy. With that in mind, I plan to place the order on Sunday, July 25 so get your order in by July 24. The $25 off ends on July 25 as well although it seems they *always* have dollars off sizeable orders.

To place an "order":

Simply post to this thread with what you want. I am going to keep track in this post of who wants what. I hope the software cooperates with what I have in mind!

Keep in mind that it is very, very important that we must order in groups of 10. As we get closer to the deadline and we don't have the correct numbers to order 10, 20, 30, etc. of a particular clamp, things will need to be adjusted either up or down. If you're the last to post that you want 7 31" clamps, for example, and that brings the total to 19 31" clamps, you will be asked to buy one more to make it to 20. If you're the last to post that you want a certain number of 24" clamps and it pushes the total number of 24" to 21 clamps, we will be forced to only buy 20 and you will only get 3 if you really wanted 4. If the total for 40" clamps is at 20 and you're the last to post that you want 4, you won't get your order unfortunately--up your order or try to find someone to order some to get the number to 30. There are no exceptions to this, we can only buy in groups of 10.

So the moral of the story for ordering? Order early so we have plenty of time to make adjustments. The time stamps on our posts should make it easy to track changes...even if you go back and edit your post, that time stamp is recorded on the post. I would like you to not edit posts...just make a new post to keep confusion down.

Here is a list I will update as order posts are made to this thread:

<p><center><TABLE BORDER="1" CELLSPACING="3" CELLPADDING="3"><TR><TD> Clamp Style </TD><TD>Waymon Campbell</TD><td>Chris Padilla</td><td>Larry Browning</td><td>Terry Hatfield*</td><td>Jack Diemer*</td><td>Person F</td><td>Person G</td><td>Person H</td><td>Person I</td><td>Person J</td><td>Person K</td><td>Person L</td><td>Total</td></TR><TR><TD>12"</TD><TD>a</TD><td>6</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>4</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>10</td></TR><TR><TD> 24"</TD><TD>a</TD><td>6</td><td>4</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>10</td></TR><TR><TD>31"</TD><TD>2</TD><td>2</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>4</td></TR><TR><TD> 40"</TD><TD>2</TD><td>b</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>2</td></TR><TR><TD> 50"</TD><TD>4</TD><td>b</td><td>4</td><td>2</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>10</td></TR><TR><TD> 60"</TD><TD>3</TD><td>4</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>7</td></TR><TR><TD> 82"</TD><TD>a</TD><td>b</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>#</td></TR><TR><TD> 98"</TD><TD>a</TD><td>b</td><td>c</td><td>d</td><td>e</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>#</td></TR><TR><TD>clamps</TD><TD>11</TD><td>18</td><td>8</td><td>2</td><td>4</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td>43</td></TR><TR><TD>deposit</TD><TD>365.29</TD><td>505.62</td><td>237.52</td><td>66.58</td><td>97.16</td><td>f</td><td>g</td><td>h</td><td>i</td><td>j</td><td>k</td><td>L</td><td></td></TABLE></center>

I am going to require a deposit of the FULL the amount you plan to spend not including any discounts--I will be happy to refund money when the clamps are picked up (I'm just trying to protect myself here). When I receive your deposit, the * will be removed from your name on the table above. The absolute quickest/easiest way to get me the money is to PayPal it (cpad@cisco.com) to me. My PayPal, unfortunately, is NOT set up to take credit cards...only direct deposits from bank accounts (I'm not a business after all! ). I'll certainly take checks via snail mail but please, please, please mail it to me early. PM/Email me for my home address.

So with all that said (I hope I've covered it all), thanks for your order and hopefully it all works out for us. I'm sure this initial post will be amended as I've left out stuff or didn't address an important issue or something so feel free to post that as well.

Of course, if this doesn't work out, you will get your money back...no worries!

Bessey all the way!!
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 07-19-2004 at 4:36 PM.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Yo Chris,

I'll take 2 50's to complete that set.

Terry

BTW...I'll be at the Bbq so no worries there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All right, Terry! Thanks for participating...in more than one way! I'll PM you details for payment.

We finally have an order for 10 50" clamps!! C'mon, Folks, these prices are quite good...hop on the bandwagon!!!

OT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    The following table summarizes what is found on page 69 in the catalog:
    Chris,

Those were a couple of the nicest tables I've ever seen!

Have you ever thought of going into the computer field?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Terry!!!!!! You made my day
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

C'mon, People...more support, please! These are fabulous prices! So far, I'm the only one who ain't gettin' any clamps!

Blog Entries
    Chris,
    Please add 4 24"ers to my column. "Damn the torpedos! give me 4 more!" I got a raise yesterday, I deserve this!

As you might have supected this is an unauthorized decision! PayPal is on the way!

Larry
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Your not alone Chris.

I'll probably never get any Bessey clamps. I just don't see the need.

For me this is a hobby & I'm not in any hurry. In fact I'm so much not in a hurry the LOML wonders when I'll be getting going on another project.

I told her I'm working on the truck.

I told her I need some more clamps Pipe clamps that is. Actually I have used Harbor Freight 3/4" pipe clamps for several years now with no problems & an assortment of light duty bar clamps & light duty aluminum rectangular tube clamps. For the pipe clamps I have been able to get recycled 3/4" pipe. I once got 17' of 3/4" pipe for $2.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Bart,

Actually, I have several Besseys...just trying to round out the collection with a few more and more sizes. I've used pipe clamps in the past and for my needs, they just don't cut it.

Is anyone coming back through the St. Louis area from the BBQ? I might go in for a few of these if someone can deliver. Deliverer gets free wood!

By the way, if anyone out there owns some Besseys and does not own the 12", I can tell you it is probably my most used clamp size. Great for clamping cauls on those panel glueups etc...

Way to go, Tom! Thanks for putting the word out! I hope someone can work something out for you.

Thanks!

Well, fellow SMCers, this is the last week of this attempt at a Group Buy. So far, only 20 clamps will be ordered. Not bad, not bad....

I'll be placing the order next Sunday.

Thanks for your support.

Jack Diemer and I made a little side deal and he will now order 4 12" Bessey clamps.

Thanks a lot, Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    Jack Diemer and I made a little side deal and he will now order 4 12" Bessey clamps.

Thanks a lot, Jack!
    Way to go Jack and Chris. How 'bout someone else?

Anyone...Anyone...
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Okay, Fellas...this is the last weekend before I will place the order sometime this Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for their support...I think we did all right but not as well as I hoped!