Thread: Woodcraft

Woodcraft

Got my Woodcraft flyer today. They have a great deal on the DVR XP for $1699 and the 1624 for $899. It did say limited quantities at these prices. I ordered the spindle sander as I have wanted one for a long time. Also looking at a oneway with #3 jaws tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 02-27-2009 at 8:48 PM.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie:
    Wow! Is this what recession means? Lower prices but no money to buy?
    I will look over the sale tonight when my LOML goes to bed...

All the best.

Don

Yep Don you got that right. I just knew a couple of people on here were looking for a deal and had been looking at the Nova 1624 but at $1699 I surely would take a long hard look at the DVR XP. That price is $200 less than I paid for my DVR on sale 2 yrs ago.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wish I had the extra $$. I'd jump on that DVR in a heartbeat at that price.

I went and bought the 1624 the other day. Man is it a nice lathe. Luckily my father has his eye on my old lathe so that meens the new one will be that much cheaper.
    Matt Newton
    IAFF Local 2664

non illigitimi carborundum

Matt:
    Congratulations! If you sell that old one, you can get more stuff to use on you 1624. I bought one last summer and it has been a lot of fun.

All the best.

Don

7. Nova accessories are also on sale at Woodcraft.

This is the lowest price they've had for the DVR. Last year they had it for $1799. This year, $100 lower. And that's why I have one now .

Yesterday I went and got the bowl rest, the 3" tool rest, and ordered an extension and an outboard tool rest.

Excuse me. The vortex calls.

Well I guess a few of us did our part helping boost the economy. I dropped about $300 with a Oneway chuck and #3 jaws, sanding supplies, finish, sanding disc holders, etc. I couldn't believe how packed Woodcraft was. You couldn't hardly walk in the place yesterday. We drove to Denver for the day and can't go to Denver without a trip to Woodcraft.
    Bernie

Yup I got my DVR last week for $1599...... that was the sale price when I walked in to the store. Timing was great as I had just sold my Jet 1220 and got a bonus from work all in the same week. Only thing I can say is this is ONE SWEET MACHINE !!! Purrs like a kitten