Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Communion Ideas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Uhhhhhh.....weren't you supposed to post your ENTIRE clip art collection?
    What, you didn't get your copy?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I have recently made some oak boxes that will fit a Bible.I glued a cut out of a nice cross on the lid.I also made a smaller box (3.5"x 5") of cedar and applied matching but smaller cross to it made of purpleheart. This smaller box will hold a rosary. I then , using this smaller cross pattern,made a book mark by gluing some ribbon to it. Just some other ideas.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

Quote Originally Posted by Jim FInn View Post
    I have recently made some oak boxes that will fit a Bible.I glued a cut out of a nice cross on the lid.I also made a smaller box (3.5"x 5") of cedar and applied matching but smaller cross to it made of purpleheart. This smaller box will hold a rosary. I then , using this smaller cross pattern,made a book mark by gluing some ribbon to it. Just some other ideas.

Thanks Jim!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve.. The daily scrollsaw.pdf had a Bible box earlier this week.. Check your email..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Steve.. The daily scrollsaw.pdf had a Bible box earlier this week.. Check your email..
    I saw that.....it looks very nice, but not First Commumioney enough.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Here's a picture of the finished cross.

Without me telling you what was involved in making it (I will later), what is your opinion of a fair retail price for this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile Frank's Clip art collection

Steve, by now, you should know what a generous guy Mr. Corker is. He is giving his entire clipart gallery away to all of us on the Creek for free... one zip file at a time. Be patient, we'll soon have it all... if we don't pass away before he gets it all down loaded to us. Keep the requests coming. If each of us ask for something different with each post, he can't possibly out last us.

Frank thanks for being a great sport and letting us poke fun at your expense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Be my guest to poke away! Steve, nice job, looks like acrylic filled with gold rub'n'buf just needs a shot with the flame polisher.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender