Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut Burl, Walnut, Quilted Maple & Spanish Cedar Humidor Complete

Gee Tim,

I hate to make any negative comments on such a FINE piece of work. However, I think that the "quilted" glass really detracts from the overall aesthetics. It really jarred my eyes.

The rest is OUTSTANDING !! Great design and execution thereof. Craftsmanship is more than EVIDENT!!!!

I would give it an "A+" instead of the "A+++++++" i would have given it with some other kind of glass.

Can't wait to see your next one !!!
    MARK

First all I can say is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Second, what are you using to season it? I've been looking at some humidifiers but haven't seen anything quite like your set up.

Blog Entries
    Second, what are you using to season it? I've been looking at some humidifiers but haven't seen anything quite like your set up.
    I am using the Avallo Accumonitor Humification System. "Seasoning" just involves waiting for the humidity to stabilize and then waiting approximately 48 hours before putting any cigars in it. Many "seasoning" guidelines have one wiping the interior with distilled water first. With this system, you don't have to do this, so you don't risk warping the spanish cedar lining.

Here is a link to the humification system:

http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

This system IMHO is the best out there in controlling humidity precisely.

Thanks to everyone on the kind comments.

4. As someone who has built a number of humidors ranging in size from desktops to walk ins over the years I must say that is one fine looking humidor!! I haven't built one in a few years ( cigars not being as popular)but would just like to build some more. That being said I have one question: what type of humidification device did you use?
    I've use evermoist before but in bigger units.
    Also to help speed up the seasoning of the cedar I would wipe
    the cedar down with a damp cloth a few times before stocking the shelves, and then let it aclimate appox. a week or so. After all you don't want you cigars swelling up and splitting as that doesn't make for a happy camper.

Didn't see your post about the system you used, however I would still wipe
    it down and let it set for a week, since cigars absorb moisture faster than the cedar does.

Darrin
    Last edited by Darrin Vanden Bosch; 03-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.